Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Hey beta folks;

Did the zoom get worked on?

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #17
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
BTW: Has anyone else noticed a significant slowing of the download of Calibre and Sigil from Google? It took 15 min to download beta 2.
That is a current Google issue.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #18
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Problems w/ beta 2

I have just posted Issue 807 to preclude Valloric's standard response. The html and ePub files were attached.

Has anyone else run into these problems?

1. After a html file is initially loaded and Flight Crew is run, a missing Section0001.xhtml is reported which does not exist. The name of the html file is the first entry in the Book Browser.

2. The OPF file initially shows entries for Setion0001.xhtml and never updates as the file is edited.

3. Semantics application does not work so no Guide is generated.

4. When Generate TOC from Headings is selected, the headings show up in more or less random fashion.

Have I been doing something wrong?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #19
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have just posted Issue 807 to preclude Valloric's standard response. The html and ePub files were attached.
I've responded to the issue. I can't reproduce your problem. Opening your HTML file works just fine here.

There does appear to be a problem with setting semantics for this one file though... I'll look into it more tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:42 AM   #20
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sigil 4.0 32bit and Win 7

I am wrestling with Sigil 4.0. The attached html file passes Sigil 3.4 with no problems/errors.

After Valloric's response to Issue 807, I considered that IE9 might be causing the problem and downloaded with RegetPro. Same results.

The following is the OPF produced with Book Viewer showing 30 sections and Tidy off.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<package xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" unique-identifier="BookId" version="2.0">
  <metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
    <dc:identifier id="BookId" opf:scheme="UUID">urn:uuid:6c366086-88b2-4324-88d6-a9681c1bc5e4</dc:identifier>
    <dc:title>Bladys of the Stewponey</dc:title>
    <dc:rights>Public domain in Australia.</dc:rights>
    <dc:subject>Fiction</dc:subject>
    <dc:subject>Novels</dc:subject>
    <dc:creator opf:role="aut">Baring-Gould. Sabine</dc:creator>
    <dc:contributor opf:role="bkp">Richard Scott</dc:contributor>
    <dc:description>Ebook prepared by crutledge@knology.net</dc:description>
    <dc:source>http://www.gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0605161h.html</dc:source>
    <dc:date opf:event="publication">2011-03-21</dc:date>
    <dc:publisher>Project Gutenberg Australia</dc:publisher>
    <dc:language>en</dc:language>
  </metadata>
  <manifest>
    <item href="toc.ncx" id="ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" />
    <item href="Images/cover.jpg" id="cover.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
    <item href="Images/TitlePage.jpg" id="TitlePage.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
    <item href="Images/ChapterEnd.jpg" id="ChapterEnd.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
    <item href="Images/Cartouche.jpg" id="Cartouche.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
    <item href="Text/Bladys of the Stewponey.htm" id="BladysoftheStewponey.htm" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
  </manifest>
  <spine toc="ncx">
    <itemref idref="BladysoftheStewponey.htm" />
  </spine>
</package>
The following is the error list from Flight Crew. Please note the reference to Section0001.xhtml, which does not exist. The first section is titled Bladys of the Stewponey.htm.
Code:
OEBPS/Images/Cartouche.jpg|N/A|This resource is present in the OPF <manifest>, but it's not reachable (it's unused).
OEBPS/Images/ChapterEnd.jpg|N/A|This resource is present in the OPF <manifest>, but it's not reachable (it's unused).
OEBPS/Images/TitlePage.jpg|N/A|This resource is present in the OPF <manifest>, but it's not reachable (it's unused).
OEBPS/Styles/main.css|N/A|This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF <manifest>. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to this resource exists in the epub.
OEBPS/Text/Section0001.xhtml|N/A|This OPS document is reachable but not present in the OPF <spine>. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to this resource exists in the epub.
OEBPS/Text/Section0001.xhtml|N/A|This resource is reachable but not present in the OPF <manifest>. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to this resource exists in the epub.
OEBPS/content.opf|23|The <item> element's "href" attribute value is "Text/Bladys of the Stewponey.htm", which is not a valid URI.
OEBPS/toc.ncx|19|This <content> element's "src" attribute value is "Text/Section0001.xhtml", but that file does not exist.
When Generete TOC is selected, the TOC comes out in more or less random order.

So! What have I done?

PS: Semantics does not work!
Attached Files
File Type: rar Bladys of the Stewponey.rar (126.6 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by crutledge; 03-22-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #21
Valloric

Quote:
I am wrestling with Sigil 4.0. The attached html file passes Sigil 3.4 with no problems/errors.
I see no problem with Sigil 0.4.0b2 behaviour here (except the semantics, that doesn't work).

Opening your HTML file in Sigil 0.4.0b2 creates a nice OPF. It's a different OPF than the one you posted, but the one you posted makes no sense. It lists images etc. and you only provided an HTML file. There are no images in your RAR, and thus none are imported.

If you just pasted the OPF from your post into Sigil, then that's not going to work. Again, the OPF from your post lists images and other files in the manifest, and they don't exist in the epub. Of course FlightCrew is going to complain about that, it's supposed to.

The FC complaint about a reference to Section0001.xhtml comes from the NCX. You just opened an HTML file. This updated the OPF, but not the NCX (maybe I should make opening HTML files create a heading-based NCX...). The NCX you currently have is the "default" one, the one referencing Section0001.xhtml. Just generate a new TOC and that reference (and the FC error report) will go away.

WRT random TOC generation... again, I can't reproduce that. When I open you file and press the "Generate..." button, a nice TOC is built. There's nothing random about it. Every heading gets an entry in the NCX in the order in which it appears.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #22
schlonz
Enthusiast
schlonz began at the beginning.

Device: PSR-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I see no problem with Sigil 0.4.0b2 behaviour here (except the semantics, that doesn't work).

WRT random TOC generation... again, I can't reproduce that. When I open you file and press the "Generate..." button, a nice TOC is built. There's nothing random about it. Every heading gets an entry in the NCX in the order in which it appears.
I tried a lot of diffrent things.
The only way to produce a "Random TOC" is to split up a book using the "SGF Chapter marker" and then pressing the "Generate TOC from Headings " button.
The second problem is that the created XHTML file are shown on the left side, but after saving and reopening the book, they are gone. (only in the content.opf and in the filebrowser. When i open the ziped book with the explorer they are still in.)

ru
schlonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #23
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlonz View Post
I tried a lot of diffrent things.
The only way to produce a "Random TOC" is to split up a book using the "SGF Chapter marker" and then pressing the "Generate TOC from Headings " button.
The second problem is that the created XHTML file are shown on the left side, but after saving and reopening the book, they are gone. (only in the content.opf and in the filebrowser. When i open the ziped book with the explorer they are still in.)

ru
Write an issue report about it. Include your test procedure.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #24
schlonz
Enthusiast
schlonz began at the beginning.

Device: PSR-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Write an issue report about it. Include your test procedure.
I already have.

ru
schlonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #25
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Problem with format of HTML file??????

When I load the ePub file created by Sigil 3.4, it looks beautiful in Sigil 4.0. Just the way you describe.

There are four images in the html which load to images as shown in images.jpg.

The screwed-up TOC is shown in toc.jpg.

I pre-edit the HTML file using EditPadPro. There I insert sigil chapter breaks and the cover and title page and other images. Immediately after loading to Sigil, I press F6 (Split on SGF Chapter Markers) and move on from there.

Could there be something in the html file causing problems???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toc.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	68796   Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	68797  
Old 03-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #26
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Possible trash problem?

Valoric,
When Sigil 4.0 is installed Sigil 3.4 remains and I can run either.

If there is a difference between the auxillary files, for QT etc., that is different for the two versions, could something loaded by Sigil 3.4 be interfering with the operarion of Sigil 4.0?

Reaching!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #27
Valloric

I'll have to take a closer look at all this. But crutledge, you initially didn't mention you were splitting the file before pressing the generate TOC button. This information appears to be key.

I'll have to postpone looking at all this again, since I'm busy as hell today (*sigh*, again).

Quote:
Valoric,
When Sigil 4.0 is installed Sigil 3.4 remains and I can run either.

If there is a difference between the auxillary files, for QT etc., that is different for the two versions, could something loaded by Sigil 3.4 be interfering with the operarion of Sigil 4.0?

Reaching!!!
If you install to a different location, then yes, you can have multiple versions of Sigil side-by-side on the same machine. They should all work just fine. And no, the version of Qt from one can't interfere with the version of Qt from the other.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:57 AM   #28
m0b
m0b began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it really necessary to actually use Greek alphabet letter to indicate beta version in installer name?
m0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:28 AM   #29
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0b View Post
Is it really necessary to actually use Greek alphabet letter to indicate beta version in installer name?
You have a personal grudge against Greek letters?

Every OS that Sigil supports is Unicode-aware.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #30
crutledge
eBook FANatic

"It's all greek to me."
Shakespear