Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
clanelliott
Enthusiast
clanelliott doesn't litterclanelliott doesn't litter

Device: iriver story
Screen Protector

Hi All
Has anyone got one? If so where did you get it from, how much and is it any good.
clanelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Mmm, I bought some from a German company through Amazon.co.uk. They work really well, at least with my original Story (haven't got a touch-screen model, so can't comment there). They were quite cheap, and came in a packet of five -- I'm still on my first one, so they're quite long-lasting. The postage was insanely expensive, of course (more than the cost of the five protectors!!), but it always is through Amazon.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Mine came from Iriver's local representative - that is if you mean a cover. If you mean one of those sheets of plastic that one can buy for cellphone displays and the like, I don't have that on the Iriver.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Yeah, I meant the plastic sheet -- I assumed that was what clanelliott was asking about, but maybe I got it wrong.

(Oh, and those ones I got were cut to fit the iRiver screen exactly. Some of them aren't, and you have to cut them yourself out of a default sheet size.)
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
clanelliott
Enthusiast
clanelliott doesn't litterclanelliott doesn't litter

Device: iriver story
I now have the Tuff-Luv screen protector £7, very easy to put on, it does add a tiny bit of reflection but i could only notice the difference under very strong lightand moving the screen about.
clanelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
Santo
Santo doesn't litterSanto doesn't litter

Device: iriver Story (EB02)
Personally, I wouldn't place any protectors on my Story. The display is already rather matt then glossy and seems to be scratch resistant.
(every other of my electronic gadgets has screen protector - Nintendo 3DS, Nokia Smartphone etc.)
Santo is offline   Reply With Quote