Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
So to hijack this thread, how did the word liseuse come into being?
you can take a look here if you'd like to see the original discussion where it came up : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20697
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's a French word for an eBook reader.
Actually, it's a made up meaning for an existing word. It does not mean eBook reader at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

According to bablefish, liseuse means reading light. That is more in line with what the word actually means as it doesn't actually have anything to do with eBook readers.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, it's a made up meaning for an existing word. It does not mean eBook reader at all.
my goodness, jon, i didn't realise you were a fluent french speaker. you've been keeping secrets from us.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #20
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Have to admit, I like ebook reader, or even ereader, better.

thanks for the answers people!
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #21
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Disclaimer: A sense of humor and willingness to suspend disbelief is required for membership in Mobile Read.... *grin*.

I have 974 books on my Sony, all stored on an SD card and categorized into 257 Collections. I don't find the indexing when I add a new book to be unduly long, and yes, it's fully functional.

If I *really* wanted to be obnoxious, I'd start a thread in the Llounge titled, "What is your liseuse's name?"
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I have hundreds and hundreds of ebooks on my ebook readers....and I have a lot of ebook readers.

One ebook reader I'm looking forward to getting (I already own it), is the Kindle 3 ebook reader.

I also will be SEEING my other ebook reader - a Pocketbook 360 - that arrived after I left the U.S., because it was delayed due to a winter storm about 6 months ago.

So, counting all my ebook readers I own and the two I plan to sell, I guess you could say I like to put HUNDREDS of ebooks on my ebook readers.

What I find difficult to understand is why someone would only put 20-30 ebooks on an ebook reader, especially considering that there are thousands of FREE ebooks right here on MobileRead, in any number of different file formats to fit a WIDE variety of ebook readers!

I say live dangerously - on the edge, as it were - and go beyond your limit of 20-30!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Disclaimer: A sense of humor and willingness to suspend disbelief is required for membership in Mobile Read.... *grin*.

I have 974 books on my Sony, all stored on an SD card and categorized into 257 Collections. I don't find the indexing when I add a new book to be unduly long, and yes, it's fully functional.

If I *really* wanted to be obnoxious, I'd start a thread in the Llounge titled, "What is your liseuse's name?"
Then we'd have to take up a collection to have a hit put out on you.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #24
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Don, when I first game my mother the Kobo, she told me that it would be nice to go to Florida for the winter and have 'ten or twelve' books on the reader. Whoa! Ten or twelve? Let us not think too ambitiously
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #25
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Jon, you know you'd miss me
Old 09-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #26
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What I find difficult to understand is why someone would only put 20-30 ebooks on an ebook reader, especially considering that there are thousands of FREE ebooks right here on MobileRead, in any number of different file formats to fit a WIDE variety of ebook readers!

I say live dangerously - on the edge, as it were - and go beyond your limit of 20-30!

Don
Because more books causes the reader to take longer to boot up. Because there is no need to carry all those books at one time. Because it is easier to find books when you don't have as many.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #27
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Because more books causes the reader to take longer to boot up. Because there is no need to carry all those books at one time. Because it is easier to find books when you don't have as many.
My K1 doesn't take long to boot up, at least not that I've noticed. Maybe 2 seconds from screen saver.

As for ''there is no need to carry all those books at one time''..........there is to me.

Its a secret, guilty pleasure. ("I got 'em all right here!!!)

Finding the books is like looking at a library wall.......sorted by author, you just cruise till you find what you want.

What could be better? Of course, if I'd stay off here more I'd get more reading done.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'd donate.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #29
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I'd donate.
Hey!! I thought you loved me, DGma!!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Hey!! I thought you loved me, DGma!!
I love you dearly, shel.

But naming ebook readers is one of those things that makes me nuts. Like naming personal parts of the body,

And I'd make sure I was in charge of the 'hit' so that I could be sure I'd just hit you with hug.......