Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-07-2016, 04:32 AM   #1
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast
Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question Some questions about Kindle Paperwhite 3

hi guys
i wanted to know if doukan will be availible on kindle paperwhite 3 or not ? and what are other programs ( except koreader ) availible on KPW3 for reading PDFs ? how can i use Pocket on this device ( Kobo has integrated Pocket on its ereaders , but as far as i know , Amazon does not have such integration ) ? and one more question , can the highlights or notes made on books be moved on pc or not ? and how comfortable is it to take notes ( due to low refresh rate of E Ink displays ) ?
Thanks a lot .
Michael.A.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:59 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Highlight/notes are stored in a text file on the Kindle called "Clippings.txt", which you can copy to your PC. They will also be visible on "Kindle for PC" if you sync your books with Amazon's servers.

I believe "Pocket" is an application for taking snapshots of web pages? Anything that you can capture on your PC, you can send to Amazon by email and it will then appear as a "Personal Document" in your Kindle library, so you can use anything you wish to do the capture.

For the other questions, you'll need to ask in the "Kindle Developer's Corner" sub-forum, not here.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 07:07 AM   #3
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast
Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Highlight/notes are stored in a text file on the Kindle called "Clippings.txt", which you can copy to your PC. They will also be visible on "Kindle for PC" if you sync your books with Amazon's servers.

I believe "Pocket" is an application for taking snapshots of web pages? Anything that you can capture on your PC, you can send to Amazon by email and it will then appear as a "Personal Document" in your Kindle library, so you can use anything you wish to do the capture.

For the other questions, you'll need to ask in the "Kindle Developer's Corner" sub-forum, not here.
i made another thread in that sub-forum .
pocket saves web articles , so you can read them later , on the kobo , you can add your pocket account , so every time you add an article on your account via plugins or email , and you sync on your kobo , it brings them there , and it makes it compatible with device , so you can read it easier .
Old 07-07-2016, 07:11 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I say, it you can capture the web page on your PC in a format which Amazon's document conversion service can understand (eg HTML, doc, RTF, JPEG, etc) you can email it to your Kindle email address and it'll be added to your Amazon library. You can then view it on any device or app that's registered to your Amazon account.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:07 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.A.H View Post
i made another thread in that sub-forum .
pocket saves web articles , so you can read them later , on the kobo , you can add your pocket account , so every time you add an article on your account via plugins or email , and you sync on your kobo , it brings them there , and it makes it compatible with device , so you can read it easier .
I can't find your thread in the kindle developers forum.
Never mind, found the thread you made there.
Note I need more coffee before coming here.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 07-07-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Export Notes feature is rolling out to Paperwhite (7 gen) and presumably other 7 gen devices (but my basic Kindle doesn't do it yet). It just turned itself on this morning. But it turns out it still creates My Clippings for some reason.

Export Notes does not work with personal documents, however (boo!). Fortunately, Google Play Books has no such restriction for BYOB and their note export feature.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:26 PM   #7
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast

sorry to post this question here , but i did not know where should i ask my question .
well , i have some basic knowledge about E-Ink , but how and why the contrast is important ? and how the contrast of two devices are compared ?
i heard in some of the comparison videoes that kindle paperwhie has a whiter screen than the kobo aura h2o , is it right? is it important ?
Old 07-07-2016, 03:55 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
sorry to post this question here , but i did not know where should i ask my question .
well , i have some basic knowledge about E-Ink , but how and why the contrast is important ? and how the contrast of two devices are compared ?
i heard in some of the comparison videoes that kindle paperwhie has a whiter screen than the kobo aura h2o , is it right? is it important ?
Some people will say yes, others will say no.
My next question is where will you mostly be using an ereader?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:24 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
The Kobo and Paperwhite both use what's called an eInk "Carta" screen. This is the latest generation of eInk's technology and provides the highest available contrast. Contrast (the difference between "black" and "white") is the most important factor in the readability and clarity of an eInk screen.

Tags
doukan, kindle paperwhite 3, koreader, pocket