Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
Cynnamin
Cynnamin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Catalog locking up Kindle Touch

Hello!

Thanks so much for the lovely guides about creating catalogs with Calibre. I've been using the software and only recently had a need for the feature.

Unfortunately, when my catalog is opened on my Kindle Touch, it locks up trying to load it. I had it load successful and browse once. Now I have to do a hard reset (hold the power button for 20 seconds) to get the Kindle usable again.

Advice?

Thanks.
Cynnamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try making a smaller catalog (fewer books).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
Cynnamin

I've tried creating one of seven files and it locked up after doing a little browsing.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, then I have no idea. Unfortunately, I don't posses a Kindle Touch to test on.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #5
Cynnamin

Ah! Thanks for the response. Hopefully can fix it in future.
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Breed92014
Enthusiast
Breed92014 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
This just started happening to me after I upgraded my Kindle Touch to 5.0.3. I can open the catalog, but as soon as I select a book, the Kindle freezes and I have to reboot. I was pleased to see that sections had been added to the catalog as a result of the update, but then when I clicked on a book, it froze. I tried both emailing the catalog over to my Kindle, as well as a direct download using a USB cable, but it failed in both instances.
Breed92014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
Rebecca_06
Rebecca_06 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
I know that using Calibre2Opds to generate a catalog works on my KT with 5.0.3. It does require a dropbox account but you can get a free one with 2 GB storage, and it might be a way of accessing your Calibre library for now.
Rebecca_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Breed92014
Enthusiast
Breed92014 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
After each calibre and kindle release, I create a catalog to see if the freeze problem has gone away. Right now, with release 5.0.4 on my Touch, and calibre 0.8.42, I can report that the catalog functions properly, including displaying sections the right way.

This was not the case with 0.8.41, so hopefully we now have some stability and can keep it solid for future releases.
Breed92014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There have been no changes whatsoever to the catalog code in calibre in a very long time, let alone in 0.8.42.