Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #16
mickeybikes
mickeybikes began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Well, I'm a rookie but I'm pretty sure I've configured it. I entered the email addresses when I ran the welcome wizard, and set it up to automatically email the gmail address in preferences. Anything else that should be done?
mickeybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Go to Preferences->Sharing books by email. If the only field that is filled in is the "Send email from:" field and all of the fields below "calibre can optionally use a server to send email" are empty. Then it's not fully configured to use gmail's smtp server. It's just pretending it's sending from your gmail address and Amazon's servers aren't buying it. Click the big "Use GMail" button on the left and fill in your gmail account info and login/pwd. Then try the test.

Quote:
and set it up to automatically email the gmail address in preferences. Anything else that should be done?
You don't want it to email your gmail address you want it to email your kindle's email address... through gmail.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-04-2011 at 11:26 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #18
mickeybikes
mickeybikes began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Success! Thanks for walking me through the basics and bringing an end to hours of frustration. I very much appreciate the help.
mickeybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Success! Thanks for walking me through the basics and bringing an end to hours of frustration. I very much appreciate the help.
Glad you got it working.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
email, failed, share ebooks, smtp