Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #76
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
You should do it and name it how you want to, but just so you know: a black font is heavier than a bold font. Typically used for posters or something like that.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #77
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
anything yet?
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 AM   #78
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
anything yet?
If you are referring to my work on a new Nimbus font - Sorry, I was out of town last week, and over the weekend.

Now that I'm back, hope to have something soon . . .
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #79
saskir
saskir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
To come back to the original topic. I prefer two fonts Linux Libertine (Serif) and Linux Bilinum (non-Serif). Free font which was implented to have many special characters (which I needed for one particular book I created). You don't need to know how few free and goodlooking fonts have the male and female sign included (as one example).
saskir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #80
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
If you are referring to my work on a new Nimbus font - Sorry, I was out of town last week, and over the weekend.

Now that I'm back, hope to have something soon . . .

Just checking in to see if you are still planning on posting this? Thankjs for all your hard work.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #81
phitastic
phitastic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Just checking in to see if you are still planning on posting this? Thankjs for all your hard work.
I'm eagerly looking forward to the font update as well... Hope you can post it soon. I'm on the Kobo Touch.
Best!
phitastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #82
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
No problem.

I'll probably rename my new Nimbus font to something like 'Nimbus Book' to avoid confusion with the previously posted NimbusMod version, and I can easily also create a 'Nimbus Black' version.

What do you think?
I think your hard work should be recognised. I suggest you call it
"Nimbus Delphin" or something similar.

If you do not like the idea then how about a variation on your original idea i.e. "Nimbus eBook"?

I am looking forward to trying the font when you have finished the latest work.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #83
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
@delphin:
After a couple of weeks using and testing fonts I now can say:

Your NimbusMod font is THE font I'm using for reading. NimbusMod replaced my beloved Caecilia fonts (Kindle Caecilia).
Thanks!

Waiting for the final version ;-)

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #84
prsita
Enthusiast
prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.prsita is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: PRS 650
J too love Nimbus, to the point that is becomming my standard font. There are still problems with bold and bolditalic, that are not aviable so far. J use for them Times but the difference is evident.

J hope that Delphin will soon provide these two typefaces still missing.

Last edited by prsita; 08-25-2011 at 07:51 AM.
prsita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #85
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Delphin, the need for italic and bold italic outweigh the need for a new version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #86
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
delphin, I hope you are just busy and will be getting back to your font project.

I've tried to find a font that looks similar to the Dutch801Rm BT as output to LRF by Book Designer. BD must do something internally to output a bolder base font. The same font is very light in EPUBs, while the bold version is way too bold.

Your NimbusMod looks great, and I would like to join others here who are looking for a slightly bolder base version.

I've temporarily had to settle on Georgia as an EPUB font, but I don't like the height. The page seems crowded and is tiring to read for long periods.

I love my LRFs, but even the dinosaurs had to give in eventually.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:15 AM   #87
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Your NimbusMod looks great, and I would like to join others here who are looking for a slightly bolder base version.

I've temporarily had to settle on Georgia as an EPUB font, but I don't like the height. The page seems crowded and is tiring to read for long periods.
NimbusMod is beautiful. I have been using NimbusMod and a modified Georgia font I found in the Boox users forum: http://booxusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=201&start=10.
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:36 AM   #88
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why is it that those screen caps look awful? It's very hard to get a sense of how the font looks when it bleeds all over the place. And I know this is not how they'd look on the actual screen.
It's probably because they're jpegs. I don't know if jpegs are what the device outputs as screenshots, but these sort of screenshots should always be posted as png's as far as possible to provide an accurate picture of what it looks like on the device.

BTW, excellent font. Has anyone used it on the kindle?
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #89
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCotton View Post
NimbusMod is beautiful. I have been using NimbusMod and a modified Georgia font I found in the Boox users forum: http://booxusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=201&start=10.
Thanks for this. I am switching to Georgia EInk 15 wherever I use Georgia. A 131% line height works well for me on the 350.

Still hoping for delphin's NimbusMod to be completed...
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #90
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
A 131% line height works well for me on the 350.

Still hoping for delphin's NimbusMod to be completed...
How do you do that, increase the line spacing? I have seen people use these together:

p { line-height: 130% }
div { line-height: 130% }

Do you need both?
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote