Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
robinhooddaffy
robinhooddaffy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
The Novel Network

anyone tried a site called the novel network? $49.95 one time fee, unlimited downloads of ebooks, magazines, etc. supposed to have known titles like the Twilight series and more.
robinhooddaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Sounds like a pirate torrent site.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
mopping five
Enthusiast
mopping five doesn't littermopping five doesn't litter

Device: nook
scam. Their Terms and conditions page is full of red flags.
mopping five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Without actually joining, I can pretty much guarantee this is pirated material. For instance, from their TOS page:
Product Purchase
TheNovelNetwork.com does not provide a direct database for downloading. TheNovelNetwork.com provides members with the necessary links, tutorials & unlimited technical support for their downloading needs. We make no guarantees as to the content available in the member's area.
And then there are the two "review" sites that are actually shills for The Novel Network, www.novelnetworkexposed.com and www.thenovelnetwork.org. This reminds me of the fake college degree sites that were all over the internet a few years back; they also hosted external web sites with reviews that said "of course this isn't a scam"!

I understand the temptation to get something for nothing, but you wouldn't go into your local booksellers and pocket a paperback. Why do folks think it's ok to steal the e-version of a book? And if you are bound and determined to "evaluate" an e-book (or whatever euphemism people are telling themselves justifies an illegal copy of an e-book) there are plenty of places out there where you don't have a scumbag profiting off of theirs and your greediness.

Last edited by jlmwrite; 10-01-2010 at 10:03 PM.
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhooddaffy View Post
anyone tried a site called the novel network? $49.95 one time fee, unlimited downloads of ebooks, magazines, etc. supposed to have known titles like the Twilight series and more.
$50 for pirated material? No thanks. I'd look elsewhere.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
shan
shan began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhooddaffy View Post
I would not recommend using The Novel Network. You are paying them $50 for services that are available online for free. The ebook site they use is feedbook.com. Anything that is free on the feedbook site is available by just going to their site. You don’t need to purchase The Novel Network to do so. All the newspaper does is bring you to that newspapers webpage, once again something you can do on your own. If the newspaper has a subscription fee, this is not covered by The Novel Network. There are absolutely no perks of buying The Novel Network that I could see by purchasing it. AND, we’ll see how the customer service is. The only way to contact them to cancel my subscription is by e-mail. They don’t provide any phone numbers. My recommendation would be to look elsewhere for a better offering. Also, notice on all of the “Good Reviews” there is a link to purchase the product. Most of these people are making a profit off what they sell. If they have researched the site at all, I guarantee they aren’t using it themselves.
shan is offline   Reply With Quote