Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #121
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Has anyone tried the current hack after installing the update?

Dean
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #122
snapperhead47
snapperhead47 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
Has anyone tried the current hack after installing the update?

Dean
I just installed the hack with the new firmware update and everything seems to be working fine.
snapperhead47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #123
snapperhead47

Talking new Sony firmware

the new firmware seems to boost performance as well, load times seem much faster now between menus and when loading new books . page turns are about the same. As is reformatting to different text sizes.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #124
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does deleting eBooks still work?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #125
snapperhead47

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does deleting eBooks still work?
well if you tell me what key does that i'll let you know.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #126
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Deleting ebooks is missing after installing the hack. The fonts and clock are fine, but the option to delete the book under utilities is gone. Bummer, I was looking forward to that option. Happy to help test a new version if it will help.

Last edited by Mr. Goodbar; 07-24-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #127
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Deleting ebooks is missing after installing the hack. The fonts and clock are fine, but the option to delete the book under utilities is gone.
I kind of figure the hacks would screw with new stuff as the XML files are from the original 505 firmware and do not have any of the stuff added/changed for the new firmware.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #128
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Looks like it also took away the epub support. Although I can transfer the file over, it doesn't show up in the book list.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #129
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Just reinstall the firmware update and everything should be back.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #130
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

Yep, no worries. It "re-updated" to new firmware just fine. Hoping you'll be able to figure the hack out for the new firmware. I already miss the nice clean look and the clock
Old 07-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #131
snapperhead47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Deleting ebooks is missing after installing the hack. The fonts and clock are fine, but the option to delete the book under utilities is gone. Bummer, I was looking forward to that option. Happy to help test a new version if it will help.
the power button on the enter key still seems to work though.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #132
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

THE HACKS FOUND IN THIS THREAD DO NOT WORK WITH FIRMWARE VERSION 1.1.00.18040!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:51 AM   #133
SwissSteve
SwissSteve began at the beginning.

Unable to use the SD Card after applying this hack

I applied the hack and it installed fine from the SD Card.

However, when I then cleaned the hack off the SD Card and put my books back onto the Card, the books no longer show up when I start the prd-505.

I have tried

Reformatting the SD Card.
Resetting the PRS-505

The strange thing is that I can see the files on the SD Card when viewed with Calibre or via a Card Reader directly and all looks ok. I can view the SD Card using Calibre and see the files are there but the prs-505 will not recognize the books.

The books are all converted to LRF Format if tis should make a difference.

Tonight I will buy a second SD Card and try that but I am at a loss to explain what has happened. I am reluctant to take off the hack as this seems to work as expected.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated
SwissSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #134
alexg
alexg began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Seems like 1.1.00.18040 doesnt work well with hacks. I've tried the PRSCustomizer and the unit freezes when connected to USB.
alexg is offline   Reply With Quote