Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
New Year around the world

Well, 2013 is already nearly an hour old in Sydney, and we celebrated 25 minutes ago in Adelaide. So I thought I would get in early before the rest of the world.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Happy New Year to you, from Nebraska, USA.

We've got 15 more hours to wait.....

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
Well, 2013 is already nearly an hour old in Sydney, and we celebrated 25 minutes ago in Adelaide. So I thought I would get in early before the rest of the world.
Too bad, we still got lots of old year left, things to do, places to go, books to read....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I will be sleeping when it hits here.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Me, too, like my cat.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Stoneguard
Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stoneguard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
New years day is always fun for me because it's also my birthday! And I'm from perth so it's nice to see fellow Aussies!
Stoneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The New Year obviously doesn't come in until it's 2013 in UTC. Which happens in about three and a half hours.

I suppose that I might be a bit biased since I live in a time zone that is essentially UTC in winter.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Well it's gunna be a hot one here in Sydney today - 30C + depending on how close to the beach you are.

Here's a pic of the Sydney Harbour Bridge around midnight:

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 12-31-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #9
kennyc

They are saying snow here.....I'm not getting out....other than to pick up chinese take-out....
Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The New Year obviously doesn't come in until it's 2013 in UTC. Which happens in about three and a half hours.

I suppose that I might be a bit biased since I live in a time zone that is essentially UTC in winter.
All relative eh ..... unless one can time travel I reckon it's New Year at the time and place you are when it ticks on the tock of 12
Old 12-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
In about 8 hours here - Happy New Year!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #12
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
They are saying snow here.....I'm not getting out....other than to pick up chinese take-out....
Jings, you better get some real hot chili peppers with that to keep warm
Old 12-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #13
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneguard View Post
New years day is always fun for me because it's also my birthday! And I'm from perth so it's nice to see fellow Aussies!
Happy Birthday and Welcome to Mobile Read
Old 12-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #14
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Jings, you better get some real hot chili peppers with that to keep warm
Yep - hot and spicy soup!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
6.5 hours til Midnight here in SE Michigan. We're preparing for my husband's annual big Bash... most of the cooking, except last minute stuff, is done, so it's just stalling time until it's time to cook the pasta and ham.

and I made - just barely - my goal of 250 books this year.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote