Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question RTF to Epub

I was trying to convert RTF to epub using calibre when I encountered a problem. It seemed to work fine till I went to read the book. Instead of page 1-2, I got page1-13 and when I hit the page button, it jumped me to page 13. It has never done this before. I had just upgraded to the newest version (8.55), so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the version I had before (8.14), but when I again converted to epub and installed on reader, it gave me multiple pages. I tried checking the epub on my computer but it worked fine there.
What should I do?

My reader is currently frozen (has been for over 48hrs now). So, I have to wait till the battery dies (forever, since I charged it the morning it froze) or till the new 505 I bought arrives.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
If it's reliably reproducable you should probably open a bug report. Regarding the frozen reader, dig up a paperclip and reset it.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
This sounds like the chunks that make up the book are too big. You might make sure that under output options it is set for split files greater than 260 KB.

When it is all one big chunk, it will display fine on the computer, but lock up on the device.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm not sure what happened but I deleted the files completely, then downloaded the stories again and converted. No problems. Just one of those things, I guess.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote