Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
conundrum
Enthusiast
conundrum began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
Exclamation Restart bug while viewing PDFs?

Hi all.
Just had my new PRS-600 restart on me during viewing of a technical PDF.

was to do with an electronic part and the glitch happened when scrolling back and forth through the pages looking for a reference to a timing chart.

any ideas?

this is on the latest firmware FWIW

also have noticed that my reader has ghosting (which shouldn't happen...)

-A
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Ghosting is normal on e-ink readers but never permanent. It mostly happens with pictures and darker text.

As far as the restart viewing a technical PDF, how big is the PDF? The processing power and memory are not the greatest in these devices and if it got overloaded I don't doubt a shutdown.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
My Reader restarted spontaneously when I loaded a certain epub document. I converted it to lrf and it did the same. It finally was readable as rich text format with no pictures. Maybe something to do with the images?

My reader has ghosting too but it isn't permanent, like grooks said.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote