Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
The Big Kahuna
You keep using that word.
The Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Newbie questions...

I know that the answers to these questions are probably tucked away somewhere on here, but you're all so knowledgeable (insert random animated gif of an ass-kisser here) you can probably save me 2 hours of searching.

Anyway, 505 & Calibre questions coming up:

1. Is there a way of adding a font zoom level to the 505 which lies somewhere between the 1st and 2nd default levels ? ie. Just a bit bigger than the smallest text but a bit smaller than the second.

2. When I convert books using Calibre, I end up with a folder containing the converted (I convert to epub) file along with the original file in whatever format it was. ie. If I convert "Josef Fritzl's cellar conversion handbook.lit" I will have a folder containing both the .lit version along with the .epub version. Is there a way to have Calibre delete the original after conversion ?

3. Why do I end up with a .zip archive after conversion, and can I delete it ?

4. Using Calibre, I have edited the tags to contain the authors name. However, after sticking the card in the 505 they don't appear under "Collections" on the main menu. While typing this a thought has just occurred to me, could it be because I have inserted a space in the authors name ?

Many thanks in anticipation of all the many hundreds of you calling me a "n00b" and telling me to "RTFM".
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
1. No, but if you can convert the book, i.e. it's not DRMed, you can set the base font size to your preference.

2. Not automatically, but you can via the Metadata dialog

3. That's the Text or HTML format along with any metadata, I think

4. Not tried Collections via a card - maybe try it writing direct to the Reader?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert