Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Will there be a Marvin for Android?

I have a friend who loves the look of the app but hell will freeze over before he would consider buying an iDevice for himself. His kids, sure, but not for him.

will it happen?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
I have no plans to build an Android version right now. Marvin's rendering engine is designed to be very portable but Marvin does much more than display books. A port will require a massive amount of resources and effort. I'd rather focus on iOS than spread myself thin.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
Apocalypto
Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
I have no plans to build an Android version right now. Marvin's rendering engine is designed to be very portable but Marvin does much more than display books. A port will require a massive amount of resources and effort. I'd rather focus on iOS than spread myself thin.
Unrelated to Android adoption (which I don't care about and would probably be counter-productive for a one person company since QA and support is probably already a large chunk of your time) but speaking of rendering engines... I was going to suggest you add an option to use the css3 invert filter on images in night mode (e.g. http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/ht...-css3-filters/) since most images right now are text decorations rendered black on white if the night mode background color was black it'd look much more appropriate, but that was assuming you use WebKit where it's already implemented for free. Any chance of that?

Alternately people can assign triple-click to the OS level invert feature rather than Marvin's night mode but then extra-dimming makes the screen lighter.
Apocalypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@Apocalypto - that's a great idea. I'll check it out.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
I think this is a great idea. There are many good apps on Android, and at least now I can give him a definitive answer.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
I have no plans to build an Android version right now … I'd rather focus on iOS than spread myself thin.
Glad to hear it!
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote