Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
PCreighton
Enthusiast
PCreighton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2; Kindle WIFI 6";IPAD 2
Favourite Author

Advise please what is the best approach a virtual library or a category in main library that only includes favourite authors...
PCreighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'd go with a category.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I think you could create a separate library just for your favorites using a program like Calibre. Of course it depends on how many books your talking about as to if that would be useful I'd think. It might be easier to have the question moved to the Calibre forum here at MR though. You will probably get more answers that way.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCreighton View Post
Advise please what is the best approach a virtual library or a category in main library that only includes favourite authors...
I'd love a way to mark an author as favorite or even to rate an author.

Currently I just tag the individual books in a custom column. But that is far from ideal.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Depends on how many books you actually have. My calibre has about 5k books and I have it in alpha order by author then grouped by collections or by dates so they are in order of when it was written. I forgot about going by Title a long time ago.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
Depends on how many books you actually have. My calibre has about 5k books and I have it in alpha order by author then grouped by collections or by dates so they are in order of when it was written. I forgot about going by Title a long time ago.
I do that to. Mostly it works except on the Kobos.

Kobo always defaults to title.

I would like a method to prioritize authors with a tag though. Something that would be simple for me, although probably difficult to implement, such as being abl to mark authors as favorite, and have any books added by those authors marked as favorite.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
You can do this with User Categories in calibre. They work on sets of books. So you could have favourite authors, series, or genres for instance. You can also have sub-categories. Right-click in the tag browser and choose Manage User Categories.

There's also a plug-in that is useful for quickly adding/removing to user categories
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I wish the Kindle Fire had the facility to organise books into categories. :-(
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote