Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Ended up deleting my purchased books from Kobo and now cannot download them

When I got my new Kobo glo and set it up, I decided that I wanted to clean off the books I had purchased some time ago - something like 10 Mickey Spillane titles.

The problem is that these books were purchased earlier ON MY COMPUTER THAT WAS STOLEN about 3-4 months ago.

In other words, the library on that stolen computer was the Library for my Kobo-purchased ebooks, that they existed on that computer.

Now, when I go the Kobo site to download these 10 or so titles, I find that I am unable to do so, and that they exist only on the stolen computer, which was probably wiped clean the day it was stolen.

Any suggestions on solving this so that I can access my legally purchased titles?

Thanks.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-24-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
I don't get it. The device you're using to access the site should be irrelevant. Log in, and whatever you've bought should be there. Weird.

Can you not see the books you've bought at all? Not in the trash?
Canorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They're all listed.

Let me try to describe the site (using my computer):

* On the left are the cover images.
* On some of the covers - and to the right - is the phrase 'Adobe DRM epub' in a blue box.
* The titles that have that phrase can be downloaded.
* The titles WITHOUT that phrase cannot be downloaded. When I click on the cover image, I am presented with another screen that allows me to buy it or send as a gift.

FLASH THOUGHT: I just realized that when I registered on Kobo recently I gave as my address England because I wanted to purchase some titles by J.M.G LeCezio. Could that possibly have something to do with this?

Keep in mind, that ALL these titles were on my Kobo glo. After deleting them using the Kobo glo, they cannot currently be accessed using Kobo's website.

Don
Old 12-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If you deleted them from your device, try looking in the trash file on your Kobo account and the books should show up there and you can get them.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If they don't have an epub option what you want to do is bookmark the book -- IIRC you put tick in the box left of the book and there is a "bookmark" option at the top. Then when you sync it should show back up on your device. If there is no epub option text only the kepub version is available and syncing it to a Kobo device or desktop is the only way to read it.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Deleted books

When I use a web browser to open Kobobooks.com and sign in and then click on the "My Library" link, I see three columns under "My Library" labelled as I'm Reading, Purchased and Deleted. Even after I delete a book so it does not show in I'm Reading or Deleted, it still shows under Purchased with the option to download the file as an epub. If you bookmark the title (select the checkbox by the titles you want to bookmark and then click on Bookmark, your Glo or Kobo desktop app should download the kepub on the next sync.

If the books don't show there, good luck.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 12-24-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Typos, eternal typos
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

'PURCHASED' only shows 4 books.

'I'M READING' shows 14 titles - 7 of which I can download.

I don't see an option for 'Bookmark' when I go to 'I'M READING.' On 'PURCHASED,' I already have those on my Kobo.

What I am not able - yet - to download are 7 Mickey Spillane titles that I paid for.

Strangely, my purchase history ONLY shows FOUR items, which is incorrect:

Terra Amata 12/9/2012 20156697 £8.99 eBook
The Book of Flights 12/9/2012 20155765 £6.49 eBook
Day of the Guns 1/28/2010 64222 $0.39 eBook
My Gun Is Quick 1/28/2010 64222 $0.59 eBook

Any suggestions, or further directions?

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-24-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does anything show up in Trash
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Does anything show up in Trash

No. There's nothing in the trash.

Don
Old 12-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #10
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
FLASH THOUGHT: I just realized that when I registered on Kobo recently I gave as my address England because I wanted to purchase some titles by J.M.G LeCezio. Could that possibly have something to do with this?
Seeing how no one has addressed this: You have to log into Desktop/Website using the Kobo account you purchased the books with in order to be able to see the book on Desktop/Website and sync it.

Also, it is possible on Desktop (and the Kobo website, I think) to mark a purchased book as 'read', in which case it won't be synced to the device. Find the book in the read list, and mark is as unread (note: I haven't actually tried this).
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #11
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
'PURCHASED' only shows 4 books.

'I'M READING' shows 14 titles - 7 of which I can download.

I don't see an option for 'Bookmark' when I go to 'I'M READING.' On 'PURCHASED,' I already have those on my Kobo.

What I am not able - yet - to download are 7 Mickey Spillane titles that I paid for.

Strangely, my purchase history ONLY shows FOUR items, which is incorrect:

Terra Amata 12/9/2012 20156697 £8.99 eBook
The Book of Flights 12/9/2012 20155765 £6.49 eBook
Day of the Guns 1/28/2010 64222 $0.39 eBook
My Gun Is Quick 1/28/2010 64222 $0.59 eBook

Any suggestions, or further directions?

Don
Go to the KoboBooks website, login, and enter the name of a missing purchased book into the search box. When the search list is returned find your missing book and double-click the cover. If the Kobo servers have a record of your purchase there will be an button stating "THIS ITEM IS IN YOUR LIBRARY". The final step is to contact Kobo customer care who will then add the missing book to your library.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote