Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
hd1200cd
hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
CoolReader 3

I am a new member. I have been using CoolReader for Mobi and Aldiko. I came here becuase of a problem I encountered. I was using Coolreader 3 to read a book and everything was fine. In fact this is the second book. When I attempted to start reading a book again that I was half way through I have a problem. When I click the book to open it, the reader closes. I have reloaded the reader and the book, but the problem still exists. I have opened it with a different reader, but I do not like it as well. Any thoughts?
hd1200cd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Hi hd1200cd,

Welcome to MobileRead. You placed your question in a forum that does not contain any CoolReader experts. I surmised you were using CoolReader on an Android system and moved the thread to this location. If this is not the case please post here with your platform and I will move it again for you. You might also find help in our wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
hd1200cd
hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hd1200cd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Thank you Dale. You are correct. I have a Nexus 7. I was not really sure of the most appropriate place to post. Even though I would still like to find out what happened, I have resolved the problme by using PBreader.
hd1200cd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd1200cd View Post
I am a new member. I have been using CoolReader for Mobi and Aldiko. I came here becuase of a problem I encountered. I was using Coolreader 3 to read a book and everything was fine. In fact this is the second book. When I attempted to start reading a book again that I was half way through I have a problem. When I click the book to open it, the reader closes. I have reloaded the reader and the book, but the problem still exists. I have opened it with a different reader, but I do not like it as well. Any thoughts?

I have seen problems similar to this with recent versions of CoolReader on Android. I went back to an older version of CR3 and the problem disappeared. However, the Play Store kept bugging me to update CR3, and that became even more of an annoyance. I recently found that instead of just exiting gracefully out of CR3, if I just aborted CR3 by pushing the Home button that the CR3 crash problem seems to have disappeared.

Hopefully Buggins may find out the source of the crash that comes with leaving and reentering a book, and work out a fix for it.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coolreader