Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #166
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge iPhone 4S IPad 1 iPad 2 Nook Touch 4 Palm Pilot
Can't do update

I put the allmine update on a usb drive (also tried a micro sd) and did the power - menu - rotate sequence (several times). All that happens is that the PE starts to boot, the USB drive flashes a few times, the PE restarts it's boot sequence and completes it. The USB drive still has update.zip on it and also lost.dir.

Where am I screwing up?
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #167
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
have you unzip pablo rc3 file if yes, please provide log
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #168
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by syclone View Post
I put the allmine update on a usb drive (also tried a micro sd) and did the power - menu - rotate sequence (several times). All that happens is that the PE starts to boot, the USB drive flashes a few times, the PE restarts it's boot sequence and completes it. The USB drive still has update.zip on it and also lost.dir.

Where am I screwing up?
Not reading the instructions in the allmine rc3 zip maybe

First, did you unzip the file and use the included update therein?

Second, did you download the gapps zip and rename it?

Third, did you put the two zip files [update.zip and gapps.zip] in the root of the USB stick?

Forth, did you check that you don't have update.zip.zip?

Apart from that the only thing I can think of is to try a different USB stick - they are not all created equal as many people have found.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #169
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
have you unzip pablo rc3 file if yes, please provide log
Sorry, What and where is the pablo rc3 file?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #170
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry, What and where is the pablo rc3 file?
Actually he means the pablob rc3 as is mentioned in the first post in this thread.

BTW my comments above also refers to this file.
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #171
chokra
chokra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge 7
can't get it to work. dnlded and copied both files (Rc3 and gapps) then renamed them to unzipped.zip and gapps.zip. Held Menu and Rotate button....but no avail! PE just boots as normal.....
chokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #172
chokra
chokra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge 7
ok, got the update completed, but i can't copy any files on the edge. app space shows 2.66gb, internal storage space shows 0mb? not sure what is going on.
chokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #173
ivanjt
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokra View Post
can't get it to work. dnlded and copied both files (Rc3 and gapps) then renamed them to unzipped.zip and gapps.zip. Held Menu and Rotate button....but no avail! PE just boots as normal.....
Not at all surprising, the two zip files should be update.zip and gapps.zip.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #174
ivanjt
Guru

Quote:
ok, got the update completed, but i can't copy any files on the edge. app space shows 2.66gb, internal storage space shows 0mb? not sure what is going on.
How exactly did you manage that? Did you realise that it must be update.zip and gapps.zip.

If you didn't rename the files correctly yet managed to get some form of update I would strongly recommend that you do it again using the correctly named files.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #175
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
1. Make sure the rc3 file is unzipped first to reveal the file that should be renamed update.zip
2. make sure the file is renamed update.zip not update.zip.zip Look at the file from the PE using esfile explorer to see the file name.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #176
syclone
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post

First, did you unzip the file and use the included update therein?
OOPS! I thought I had done that, but apparently I didn't. On the 4,434th try, (with the correct update.zip file) it's working.

Thanks, ivanjt
Old 03-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #177
syclone
Zealot

Success!

The Allmine upgrade is now up and running on my PE. I needed to load a new OS anyway - I had to clean up the 90 - 100 books sitting on the device.

Next step: Regrettably, the PE is going to go up on Ebay in a couple of weeks. I have too much "stuff" and all I've been using the PE for has been reading books. My newly acquired Nook Touch does a much better job of that and the battery lasts so long that I have to remind myself to check the level every week or so.

It's been a lot of fun and some challenges (mostly self-caused) - this is a great forum with good members and a minimum of flames - very rare in the forum world.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #178
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
My newly acquired Nook Touch does a much better job of that
I guess you don't usually read pdf, nor do any annotation on your books
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #179
syclone
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
I guess you don't usually read pdf, nor do any annotation on your books
Right! If I get a PDF, I use Calibre to convert other formats such as PDF, and I have absolutely no need to annotate any text.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #180
ivanjt
Guru

syclone, we shall miss you here in the edge forum but you know your need best.

I'm glad you managed to update your PE - sometimes we miss the simplest things and/or make the wrong assumptions