Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
tattyjacket
tattyjacket began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Enhanced ebooks

Hi Group,
I've noticed that Amazon have a few of what they call enhanced content ebooks, which come with audio and video.
What a fantastic concept.
I'd love to try one and have downloaded a taster for The Master of Rampling Gate, but I can't see that it does anything special.

Any advice?

Phil
tattyjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
dvhh
Enthusiast
dvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with othersdvhh plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3
Sound like a nice idea on the paper, but inconvenient for whose who read while commuting (for books anyway), this seems more target to magazine and periodical publishers.
Even if all tablets are doing it for magazine, they are still measuring the success of this. But it is still nice to see some innovation anyway.
dvhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Aren't the "enhanced books" really targeting the iPad?

bOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
mean_gene
Enthusiast
mean_gene began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/Wifi
Uh yeah, so enhanced books on the Kindle is an epic fail. I bought the enhanced version of Decision Points thinking it would at least have a link to a url with the "embedded" video content. Instead it just has some generic line about not being able to play video. Of course I already knew there was no video support but was disappointed none the less.
mean_gene is offline   Reply With Quote