Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #61
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Bless you KK, it's true that sometimes it's hard to tell when someone is legitimately handicapped. Another criteria is to have a class two cardiac condition, and unless someone collapses on the pavement it would be impossible to tell.

That’s why there are wallet cards issued with the placards, and an officer can ask to see the card, and cite anyone who can’t produce it. Unfortunately it’s almost never enforced. You’d think that with the size of the fines the authorities would see the potential cash cow there, but they don’t.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #62
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I've never been asked for my card, but do always have it!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #63
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I've never been asked for my card, but do always have it!
Neither has Susie, and more's the shame! But then, when she's trundling along in her wheelchair her status is pretty evident.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:27 AM   #64
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

I wish that people would make sure that when they decide to go away for the day, that their pets have more than one bowl of water

Just replaced water for a neighbours dog, and left a transistor radio playing softly on the verandah.

It's just something that annoys me.

OK everyone.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:35 AM   #65
BenBanned
Groupie
BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paper
People who chew with their mouths open.
gross
BenBanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 02:06 AM   #66
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post

I wish that people would make sure that when they decide to go away for the day, that their pets have more than one bowl of water

Just replaced water for a neighbours dog, and left a transistor radio playing softly on the verandah.

It's just something that annoys me.

OK everyone.

Cheers
I have an auto-feeder water bottle thing (not like a hamster bottle) for my two cats when I go away. I don't leave a radio on or anything because I fear it confuses them -- who is that? Who's talking? I can't find them. What's going on?
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:27 AM   #67
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Most of my other pet peeves are with drivers. Like slowpokes in the left lane. Not using signals. Driving too close. I could go on forever...
I don't think that's a peeve, that's a safety issue. If one person is not driving responsibly, then they put other people at risk. Miami has the worst drivers I have ever seen. There seem to be no rules. I've heard from more than one person, openly, that they NEVER use turn signals. Let's not even get into the constant talking and texting. Ugh!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:16 AM   #68
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Neither has Susie, and more's the shame! But then, when she's trundling along in her wheelchair her status is pretty evident.
When i go to the movies with this girlfriend of mine, who looks like a million dollars, but has lost her leg to cancer, we seriously get stared down when we park right outside the cinema. It just doesn't show that she has an artificial leg and she takes great trouble not to have it shown, but as she had a high amputation, she's often in pain. I learned a lot from her.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote