Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Recommend screen protection?

I prefer to have some sort of screen protection against scratches for this HDX. Any recommendations? I would prefer antiglare to get less reflection INDOORS.

I still prefer my ereaders, but the HDX does have better TTS.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Well, the glass on the Fire HDX is treated to be scratch resistant and durable (it is designed for fingers and portability). However, if you still want an extra layer I have been unable to find any appreciable difference between most of the manufacturers. Moshi and Buffalo aren't horrible... but I have yet to find a screen protector that I am impressed with. I don't even bother these days.

Be careful with the anti-glare screen protectors. Remember that the screen is glossy, no matter what layer of plastic you put on top of it. The ones that I have tried make it look hazy and I wouldn't be surprised if the light traveling through gets reflected and refracted in strange ways due to the glossy screen/matte finish protector combination.

Good luck!
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I have 3 cats and an HDX tablet - no trouble (knock on wood) for over a year with scratches/dings, etc. I've yet to find a screen protector that did not affect the screen display adversely - you're adding an extra layer that is filtering/blocking light - which can either darken or fuzz up the sharpness of text - I just adjust the tilt of the HDX depending on the source of room light to minimize screen glare.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Well, I also believed the claim "Kindle Fire screen does not scratch" and did not put a screen protector on it ... Well, it certainly got scratched at one point. Your call.

Regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Well, I also believed the claim "Kindle Fire screen does not scratch" and did not put a screen protector on it ... Well, it certainly got scratched at one point. Your call.

Regards,
Andy
Yeah, that would definitely be a mistake. The screen is designed to be scratch resistant not scratch proof. I'm interested to know where that claim comes from. Was it official Amazon advertising, or from some user/advocate that you conversed with?
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:31 AM   #6
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
I cannot find any faults with the SEVERAL Zagg Invisible Shield protectors I have purchased over the years. For my Kobo... several Kindles including latest Fire HDX ... my GPS unit in the car ... my iPhone and iPod touch - they all are well-protected with Invisible Shields. I have had just one instance of returning during a lifetime warranty: A got some sort of a smudge on one that was on my Kindle 3. Replacement was quick, painless, and free.

I also have an ArmorSuit protector on another iPod touch. It, too, is performing marvelously for me.

The key in my mind for these is reading the instructions for installation - and following them explicitly. It is not for the faint-hearted, as a lot of moisture/fluid is sprayed on the equipment (as well as your fingers ... and the shield itself). I paid a Zagg distributor in a shopping mall to install a kit on a mini-laptop that I use - it was worth it, IMHO.

Last edited by clintbradford; 08-26-2014 at 12:35 AM.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote