Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #616
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
I asked for the same thing four days ago. No answer yet.
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #617
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
I asked for the same thing four days ago. No answer yet.
I decided to look for and found an app before the latest cr3-3.0.55. Problem solved.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...?_test=xmerch1

Great ereader app though and maybe they will make deleting books simple again in a future revision.

The only free app that I have ever made a donation for and I encourage others to send them a couple dollars.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #618
gjutras
gjutras began at the beginning.

Device: android moon+reader pro
delete on long press

When you do the long press on a title to get the review screen, on that screen is some icon buttons. The one with the book with the minus sign in a red circle is delete book.
gjutras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #619
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Goldberry, thanks! I'll get that.

Gjutras, Yeah, I know that. The thing is that you automatically end up in a place where you can edit text, and that means that the screen keyboard comes up. So then I have to first get rid of that and then click the icon. Much easier to go back to an older version and block updates.
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #620
gini
gini began at the beginning.

Device: Samsund GT 10.1
I was led to this thread via Google, as I was searching for an explanation to the Cool Reader error when I attempted to use the online catalog. Attempting to access Gutenberg, I get "Error occurred while reading OPDS catalog". I am using Cool Reader on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (wif-fi), and I do have an Internet connection. I can access the online catalog on my Tab if I use my browser(s), but not through Cool Reader. My app is current, and I'm wondering if I am missing some obvious solution. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by gini; 06-05-2012 at 12:37 PM.
gini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #621
Vidu
Vidu began at the beginning.

Device: none
but there wasn't folder called "/fonts" in the SDCard, cool reader has taken fonts from android system fonts,so how do i include custom font for the cool reader ???
Vidu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #622
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidu View Post
but there wasn't folder called "/fonts" in the SDCard, cool reader has taken fonts from android system fonts,so how do i include custom font for the cool reader ???
Of course there will not be a folder there until you make it. I put all of my fonts in the folder /cr3/fonts on my SD card because I also keep my custom css and ini files for CoolReader in the cr3 folder. The fonts need to be TrueType fonts, and CoolReader will make them available for you to select after you get the correct fonts put in the correct folder and you restart CoolReader.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #623
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Am I really the only one who's not seeing a proper margin on the first item after a page break (usually a chapter heading)? If this is a problem with my CSS and not a bug in CoolReader, I'd like to know that.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #624
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, after updating to the latest CoolReader and returning my epub.css to the default just to see if that made a difference, CoolReader has stopped respecting page breaks at all and is just displaying the whole book as a single chapter. What's up with that?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #625
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Also, after updating to the latest CoolReader and returning my epub.css to the default just to see if that made a difference, CoolReader has stopped respecting page breaks at all and is just displaying the whole book as a single chapter. What's up with that?
Check your settings is View mode set to Pages or scroll. IRC when it is set to scroll page breaks does not work.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #626
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Check your settings is View mode set to Pages or scroll. IRC when it is set to scroll page breaks does not work.
It's set to Pages, unfortunately.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #627
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Of course there will not be a folder there until you make it. I put all of my fonts in the folder /cr3/fonts on my SD card because I also keep my custom css and ini files for CoolReader in the cr3 folder. The fonts need to be TrueType fonts, and CoolReader will make them available for you to select after you get the correct fonts put in the correct folder and you restart CoolReader.
What would you recommend as a good font for longer reading on an Android tablet?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #628
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
What would you recommend as a good font for longer reading on an Android tablet?
I think everyone is going to have their own tastes as far as favorite fonts go, but I have been using Droid Sans for quite a while now.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #629
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Just found a feature I had never come across and wonder if I am behind the curve with cool Reader. Maybe many others don't know about it.

I am reading The Young Leonardo and it has lots of small illustrations of Leonardo's drawings and paintings. So I accidentally double tapped a picture and it opened up larger with a + and - button underneath. Touching the + button and it enlarges even more and you can move the image around.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #630
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Error in ImportEpubDocument.cpp:
line:
if ( codeBase.length()>0 && codeBase.lastChar()!='/' )
codeBase.append(1, L'/');

is platform dependent (does not work on Windows).

(I know this is an Android thread, but Buggins might read this one)
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader