Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
sfuller
sfuller began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre reporting wrong version

I've downloaded and install Calibre x64 and x86. Both execuables show the version as 9.24, but all the screens show 9.16 and plugins will not update.
sfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You probably setup calibre to run from source in the past, is there an asterisk next to the version number.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfuller View Post
I've downloaded and install Calibre x64 and x86. Both execuables show the version as 9.24, but all the screens show 9.16 and plugins will not update.
Then you have 9.16 installed. Something is blocking the update: Like leaving the current Calibre running (even in the Tray). Use Ctrl-Q to Quit Calibre before doing the install.

Is there a * by the Version number in the lower corner of the main screen?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #4
sfuller
sfuller began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
A reboot fixed it. I've never had a development version. The executable details said 9.24-- I had been running 9.23x64. I hadn't removed the 32 version that was 9.16, but that was under c:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2--the 64 bit version is under E:\Program Files\Calibre2. Very strange but it's fine now.
sfuller is offline   Reply With Quote