Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Sansa Clip Zip 8GB on Sale for $40 at Costco

Attention Audiobook Fans

New Sale -- now $45 -- expires 15 Aug 2012

Costco has the Sansa Clip Zip 8GB on sale for $40. Normal price is $55 and there are no quantity restrictions. This sale is in-store only and expires 08 Jul 2012. Amazon= $55 / retail= $70.

Sansa Clip Zip
  • 1.1" color display for album art only
  • FM radio w/ presets and recorder
  • Voice recorder (memos, lectures, etc)
  • mSD card slot (up to 32GB)
  • Music: MP3, WMA, secure WMA, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, FM radio
  • Audiobooks: MP3, WMA, Audible
Sansa Clips always get great reviews; and frequently get Editors Choice. It's small size and built-in clip makes it an ideal player for the gym and other physical activities. I mostly use mine for audiobooks, FM radio, and podcasts. I always carry mine with me.

I highly recommend this MP3 player (and so do many other members of this forum).

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-21-2012 at 10:12 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Ditto - I take my Sansa everywhere with me. Even got an adapter for my car cassette player so I could listen to it while driving.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Love love love my Clip Zip!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Awesome news for people who couldn't get it on sale during the holidays. I love my Clip Zip.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Attention Audiobook Fans

Costco has the Sansa Clip Zip 8GB on sale for $40. Normal price is $55 and there are no quantity restrictions. This sale is in-store only and expires 08 Jul 2012. Amazon= $55 / retail= $70.

Sansa Clip Zip
  • 1.1" color display for album art only
  • FM radio w/ presets and recorder
  • Voice recorder (memos, lectures, etc)
  • mSD card slot (up to 32GB)
  • Music: MP3, WMA, secure WMA, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, FM radio
  • Audiobooks: MP3, WMA, Audible
Sansa Clips always get great reviews; and frequently get Editors Choice. It's small size and built-in clip makes it an ideal player for the gym and other physical activities. I mostly use mine for audiobooks, FM radio, and podcasts. I always carry mine with me.

I highly recommend this MP3 player (and so do many other members of this forum).
I use the Sansa Clip + (previous gen - they work, why spend more when you don't need to.) Great players. There is alternative firmware (Rockbox) for the previous versions, the Clip Zip is under construction as we type.

Plus. if you are the "outside the box" types you can format a 64 GB micro SD chip to SDHC with a free Windows utility called GUIFormat. It'll work on Rockbox firmware, I'm going to test it on Sansa CLIP + firmware tonight. It ought to work...

I will post with results later.

(Note, I own 5 of the puppies...)

Last edited by Greg Anos; 06-23-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
Add me as another lover of my Sansa clip.It is a great little device.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Me too! I love my Clip Zip. Even though the 8GB was sold out, I did get the 4GB one and am surprised that it holds quite a bit. I feel sorry for my old mini Sony's and the Samsung YP-P2 that I never use anymore. I could even watch vids on the Samsung, but find I just never pick it up anymore.

I am really tempted to get another Clip Zip.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Yay Clip+

Clip+ - the perfect example of "small is beautiful".

I have 3, all in constant use, son has two ditto.

Two in car, one books, one music (just switch players, easier than fiddling about with menus, and you start where you stopped previously, and get more content/choice on each )
One for every where else.

And for once, some parity between US & UK - £33 on Amazon, free postage.

[ Just by the bye.... never had any luck with the radio........... but the rest of the package compensates. I wonder what I'm doing wrong ? ]
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
The only criticism I have of the Clip Zip--and the Clip+, too--is that they don't come in multiple colors in the 8gb version. The Clip+ came only in black, and the Clip Zip only in black and silver--but I want the colors that are available in the 4gb version without giving up the extra storage.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Draculaa
Draculaa began at the beginning.

Device: none
If money was not an issue, would you buy this or ipod nano?
Draculaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I too love my Sansa Zip Clip! I use it so much I had to get a bigger SD card for it. I had to get different earphones for mine as my ears were super sore by the end of the day with the stock ones. I picked up some JVC Marshmallows for $15 and they are so comfy you could sleep in them. I wear mine 8+ hours a day with no problems. Great for blocking out noise like rude nosiy neighbors who care nothing about the people who live around them.

My Clip+ just sits now as the Zip is so much nicer and well worth the price.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #12
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draculaa View Post
I would buy this.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draculaa View Post
I don't have apple anything, but my son has all ithings.

I would buy this over the ipod.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I don't have apple anything, but my son has all ithings.

I would buy this over the ipod.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My original Sansa Clip (no "+" ... no "Zip") is still plugging along. I have it on for about an hour each night when I go to bed. Using it this way I recharge every week, although I would probably get up to 10 hours if I wanted to play it until it was "flat." I have a cheap wall-to-USB power converter for charging. Not a bad lifetime for a Lithium battery.

I picked up a Zip at Costco last year that I keep in rotation with a couple of other MP3 players. If you're not looking for a "multi-media" experience, this is a great player.

As for the Ipod vs. Clip question ... I don't have an Ipod, but my wife and kids all do. If you like the way Itunes works and want to use it as your primary music management program, the tight integration between the Ipod and Itunes is very tough to beat. If you like other choices for managing your music library and player, then the Ipod is actually more difficult to use, and I would go with the Clip.

As I have.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote