Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #76
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...m_W._Johnstone
http://www.mobipocket.com/EN/eBooks/...C+William+W%2E

The Ashes series. If you're going to mention Ahern and Axler then, hey, why not? I managed to get almost halfway through the first Ashes book before giving up but if you like the Survivalist series it could be your cup of tea. I'm neutral on Deathlands. I read the first book in that series but never felt the urge to read any more. I didn't like the sudden appearance of laser rifles and plasma grenades in amongst the "conventional" hardware.
Years ago,in the late '90's, I used to work in a used book store. We could never keep the Johnstone books in stock....there was always a waiting list for his "Ashes" books......Just like when the Stephen King serial "The Green Mile" came out. Remember? One thin little book at a time? A perk of working there meant I had first crack....big deal, read the thing in one evening and it was back in the store the next day.......LOL
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #77
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...m_W._Johnstone
http://www.mobipocket.com/EN/eBooks/...C+William+W%2E

The Ashes series. If you're going to mention Ahern and Axler then, hey, why not? I managed to get almost halfway through the first Ashes book before giving up but if you like the Survivalist series it could be your cup of tea. I'm neutral on Deathlands. I read the first book in that series but never felt the urge to read any more. I didn't like the sudden appearance of laser rifles and plasma grenades in amongst the "conventional" hardware.
Like Ahern and Axler
More right-wing gun obsessed crap.
Puking books.
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #78
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
A Canticle for Liebowitz is now available as an ebook from Amazon. This is really classic post-apocalyptic stuff.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #79
amy.patkins
amy.patkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
fantastic NEW post-apoc book I found on iBooks... "Eden" by Matthew Plourde

wow, what a surprise. I'm a big fan of post-apoc, but some of them miss the mark... Eden was right up my alley!

I see it's also on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Eden-Matthew-C...6542447&sr=8-1
amy.patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #80
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I recently read a few that I think fit into this category-- "The Summoning Fire" by David Michael (MR member) and "Flaming Dove" by Daniel Arenson.

Of course, there is also the Hunger Games trilogy, which would fit as well.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #81
jeorence
jeorence began at the beginning.

Device: ebook reader
You could try Jerry Ahern's Survivalist series. But it's quite a pain to have a complete set.
jeorence is offline   Reply With Quote