Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-06-2024, 01:24 PM   #526
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
brazilian portuguese was 85 until 2018 from what I gathered, then it's been replaced by 65, from what I learned just now that you asked!
for the reply. 0 and 1 are all I can read
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:43 PM   #527
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Wiggo - if you do something constructive (like follow the instructions I gave above and provide the debug and plugin logs) then maybe I can try to help. However the *fact* is that I can't replicate the issue - the plugin works perfectly fine for me and clearly the vast majority of users or else there would be far more posts about it. As for why no response before from me - in 2021 I wasn't maintaining this plugin at that time, davidfor was so I never saw that post.

There has been a bug where it reports a string formatting error rather than the real underlying error. So the actual "final" error that people have posted is useless from a debugging perspective. Until I see debug logs to say otherwise I believe the problem will lie in trying to run pdftohtml or pdfinfo executables on your system. Which are calibre provided executables and nothing I have control over. As I said in the post above if they are failing to execute then the first step is to find out why that is - perhaps you have antivirus interfering for instance. You could try running the command line it is executing manually to see if that works.

But only *you* can do anything about this when I can't replicate the issue.
In my defence, I have to say that until now it didn't really seem as if you were interested in the problem.
The second last mention of this problem with cross-reference was only 4 posts before your reappearance in this thread.

The fact that pdfinfo.exe is the culprit has also been mentioned there, hence the workaround with replacement of the same.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2024, 05:43 PM   #528
Shet
Shet began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Quote:
@shet - thx for trying and posting that. Now we can see the actual underlying problem - for whatever reason the calibre pdfinfo.exe is returning no data for your pdf on your system, whereas it works perfectly fine on mine. This falls into the “a question for Kovid” domain - as I said above the pdfinfo and pdftohtml executables are not part of this plugin, they are supplied with calibre. Perhaps he may have an explanation as to what might be the problem here.
For info: the best way is for me to bulk convert pdfs to epubs, run ExISBN, than bulk delete epubs. accetable workaround for me
Shet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 08:21 PM   #529
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Shet - glad you have a workaround in the meantime. Perhaps Kovid may have a suggestion, or perhaps he like me cannot replicate issues with pdfinfo.

Last edited by kiwidude; 04-06-2024 at 08:53 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 11:19 PM   #530
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Shet - glad you have a workaround in the meantime. Perhaps Kovid may have a suggestion, or perhaps he like me cannot replicate issues with pdfinfo.
Works for me as well. pdfinfo.exe is built from poppler in a pretty standard way, see my bypy repository in github for the script used to build it. This will be something interfering on the affected computers. Note that nowadays, you shouldnt need to use pdfinfo for most things, you can use the podofo bindings for getting metadata for example, this avoids needing a separate process and so should be faster and possibly more robust, though I suspect podofo will fail on more malformed PDFs than pdfinfo, so you could fallback to pdfinfo. See podofo/__init__.py for the various python wrapper functions that can be used.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2024, 12:37 AM   #531
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks very much Kovid for the confirmation and the suggestion of an alternative. I will take a look.

@Comfy.N - pdfinfo is only used to get page count metadata. After that it is a separate pdftohtml executable which is responsible for producing the book content that is parsed for ISBNs. So you will see zero difference between different pdfinfo versions in how many isbns get reported. Other than of course if the calibre bundled pdfinfo doesn't work for you at all.
Old 04-07-2024, 01:10 AM   #532
kiwidude

Extract ISBN v1.6.2

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ct_isbn-v1.6.2

This now uses podofo as per Kovid's suggestion. @Shet please let me know how you get on with this one.

To anyone who had tried using the zip I had attached yesterday of a test build - please make sure you replace that version with this one (it had the same version number so you will have to force install it).
Old 04-07-2024, 11:01 AM   #533
Shet
Shet began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Quote:
Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ct_isbn-v1.6.2

This now uses podofo as per Kovid's suggestion. @Shet please let me know how you get on with this one.

To anyone who had tried using the zip I had attached yesterday of a test build - please make sure you replace that version with this one (it had the same version number so you will have to force install it).
This one works perfectly with pdfs for me. Maybe this is the right way as Kovid said. THX
Shet is offline   Reply With Quote