Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #16
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
They're definitely getting a lot of orders.

Then again, this is very common with new tech, upgrades and so forth.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #17
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
it's also the oldest marketing trick in the book. Have a limited amount of stock available, enough that it sells out quickly and then do the "Look at us, everyone is buying up our product so fast we can't keep them in stock". Barnes and Noble did it with the Nook, Nintendo did it with the Wii, Motorola and verizon is doing with the Droix X etc.
It's. SOP for products now adays.

Nothing to get all Amazon sheepish over.

It's kind of like that club that has that huge line in front and when you finally get in you find the place has plenty of room .
You create "a line" to say to people "We are the 'it' place to be, people line up just to get in".

Last edited by boswd; 08-05-2010 at 12:50 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #18
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Well, I'm a bit pissed off. Having finally decided which reader to get, I don't want to wait!
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #19
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I dont want to wait either. After dithering about and humming and harring about a Kindle for years I just want to get it now.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #20
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I ordered on the 30th and still haven't received an estimate but at the time the site still said to "order now to ensure release date delivery." I will be disappointed if it's later.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #21
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I talked to Service Net Warranty who provide the extended 2-year warranty for the K3, and they said that, according to Amazon, K3s ordered today 8/5 will ship on or before September 4th. I hope that holds up.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #22
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Another one here who genuinely thinks moretechnews has simply misunderstood what Amazon has said on the product page. Surely if Amazon knew they were shipping late they would have let customers know. Also, why does nowhere else seem to be running this story?
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #23
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I talked to Service Net Warranty who provide the extended 2-year warranty for the K3, and they said that, according to Amazon, K3s ordered today 8/5 will ship on or before September 4th. I hope that holds up.
Thanks for sharing this. Hopefully we will all have our kindles shipped by September 4th.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:10 AM   #24
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Thumbs up

Yesterday Amazon posted this on Facebook:
Quote:
Today we are excited to announce a new UK Kindle Store with the biggest selection of any e-bookstore in the UK. Over 400,000 books are available including New Releases and 84 of the 100 Nielsen UK Bestsellers. The all-new Kindle will start shipping at the end of the month, but you can start reading Kindle books today by downloading one of our free Kindle reading apps. http://amzn.to/akDRi5
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Wow....

I order on July 29th.

Quote:
Delivery Estimate: September 29, 2010 - October 1, 2010
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:59 AM   #26
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Mine's back to 7-11 October again
I ordered on the 3 Aug

It all makes me wonder whether people ordering once they've actually seen some in the flesh (probably late September/early October) will be able to get them for Christmas.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #27
zooby
zooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle keyboard, kindle voyage, kindle oasis
dont worry people, i received an email off them, this is it :

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your query.

Due to strong customer demand, Kindle (Latest Generation) is temporarily sold out. However, as you placed you order before 1 p.m. on August 1st, your order will be dispatched on the August 27th release date. You will not be charged for your order until your Kindle is shipped.

Please be advised that the date of shipping on the website will continue to change as more customers order the device, but we still expect that your device will be dispatched on the 27th August.

I hope this information has been helpful.

We hope you enjoy your Kindle.
zooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #28
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I ordered within the first hour and my shipping estimate is Sep 28!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:03 AM   #29
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Ordered my WiFi model a few minutes ago:

Delivery Estimate: October 7, 2010 - October 12, 2010

Luckily, I've got my graphite Kindle DX
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #30
shanghaichica
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
Ordered my WiFi model a few minutes ago:

Delivery Estimate: October 7, 2010 - October 12, 2010

Luckily, I've got my graphite Kindle DX
Apparently yours will be dispatched on or before September the 8th according the Amazon customer services. They say the dispatch dates that are being given are wrong and they dont know why they system is doing that. Hopefully CS are right and the system is wrong.