Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #23701
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
While musing over a glass of tequila, I began to wonder...

... does this mean you can own serfs? And if so, does your boyfriend get 'prima nocta?' (It was his grin that got me thinking...) I mean, I own a condo, but we didn't get any peasants with it. Did I screw up somewhere along the line?

Stitchawl
Hehe

No and definitely no

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Wow! That there is the definition of cheese eating grin! Congrats!��
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Congrats on the land!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Iri - congratulations on your official signing. Isn't it so exciting to get really going on your home?
Thanks! It's very exciting!

It was a good day yesterday! After the signing we went for a walk on our piece of land (It's 91m long, so it's really possible to go for a walk there! What a difference with our tiny terrace!) and then we went home to celebrate! With french fries, a movie and lots of champagne!

But now I'm back at the office, time for another working day. I'll probably go home a little early, I need to make lots of preparations for my baking-weekend!

My cappuccino is all gone, time for some water!
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #23702
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Nobody, apart from Stitchawl, seems to see the sun today.

Milk earlier, but just water for now.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 AM   #23703
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Yay!!! You are now 'landed gentry!' Our own MobileRead Bluebloods! Yippee! I'll have to address you with extra deference from now on!

A quick suggestion (for what it's worth...) There are several plants that require at least two years before they begin bearing foodstuff; asparagus, most berry bushes, ginger, eggplant (a few the first year, but really let loose the next,) etc. Now is a great time to get them started. By the time your home is finished your crop will be ready to enjoy!

And speaking of 'enjoy...' I have a mug of Keemun tea to pass away the late afternoon of a perfect day! I got all my chores done, took a long walk and a short motorcycle ride, read 150 pages of my book, and now it's time to relax until dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Nobody, apart from Stitchawl, seems to see the sun today.
You have to keep in mind that I see the sun even on rainy days.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #23704
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero #1 in my cup.

Many congratulations on the plot of land, Iridal.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #23705
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
So Orlok is drinking flavored water....
Quote:
European bud and American bud are two entirely different critters
KK is correct. It's my fave beer, produced by Czech brewers, and is not the same company as the US Budweiser. There are currently about 40 ongoing trademark disputes over the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post

It was a good day yesterday! After the signing we went for a walk on our piece of land (It's 91m long, so it's really possible to go for a walk there! What a difference with our tiny terrace!) and then we went home to celebrate! With french fries, a movie and lots of champagne!
That's great news. And a very long property. You are going to be spending a whole lot of time in the garden once eveything is established.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #23706
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Cranberry Juice

Orlok: Glad you are drinking the good version. I saw far too many people drinking the US version last time I was there.

I made a new banana bread recipe. I replaced the all purpose flour with the white whole wheat. At least there is some nutritional value now. I made a honey light wheat bread as well which is good. Replaced the bread flour with the white whole wheat. Massive protein and fiber boost.

Lucas slept like crap. (Sigh) Tired and I have a 10 hour day at work. Ah well, bread to start the day off is a good thing. Rooibos is made. Off I go.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #23707
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is it possible to die from butter and garlic poisoning? I made Scampi for dinner tonight with garlic bread made from our home-made Italian bread... We haven't eaten this since I began my weight-loss program during the summer. Boy, is this stuff good! And with a mug of East India Company's "Keemun Downy Bud" that I discovered unopened in the back of the cupboard during yesterday's cleaning... I think I've already died and gone to heaven!

Stitchawl
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #23708
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The brain wave stuff must be true to some extend. I've been thinking about garlic bread all day!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #23709
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
nothing 'wrong' with butter and garlic .....

tea - green matcha, accidentally poured into cups that have had our morning coffee in !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #23710
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
nothing 'wrong' with butter and garlic .....
Two sticks ( about 220gm) of butter and a whole head of garlic?

I'm flushing my system clean with gin...

Stitchawl
Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #23711
maianhvk
whimsical

Quote:

Stitchawl

it's amazing to see you posting after such a feast :|
Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #23712
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Yay!!! You are now 'landed gentry!' Our own MobileRead Bluebloods! Yippee! I'll have to address you with extra deference from now on!

A quick suggestion (for what it's worth...) There are several plants that require at least two years before they begin bearing foodstuff; asparagus, most berry bushes, ginger, eggplant (a few the first year, but really let loose the next,) etc. Now is a great time to get them started. By the time your home is finished your crop will be ready to enjoy!

And speaking of 'enjoy...' I have a mug of Keemun tea to pass away the late afternoon of a perfect day! I got all my chores done, took a long walk and a short motorcycle ride, read 150 pages of my book, and now it's time to relax until dinner!

You have to keep in mind that I see the sun even on rainy days.

Stitchawl
And artichokes. I have a ginger on my counter that has started sprouting, if I plant it will I actually end up with a plant?

Quote:
Cranberry Juice

Orlok: Glad you are drinking the good version. I saw far too many people drinking the US version last time I was there.

I made a new banana bread recipe. I replaced the all purpose flour with the white whole wheat. At least there is some nutritional value now. I made a honey light wheat bread as well which is good. Replaced the bread flour with the white whole wheat. Massive protein and fiber boost.

Lucas slept like crap. (Sigh) Tired and I have a 10 hour day at work. Ah well, bread to start the day off is a good thing. Rooibos is made. Off I go.
I have been doing the whole wheat pastry flour for banana bread for awhile now. That along with unrefined sugar, some almond essence, cinnamon and cloves gives me a banana bread that people beg for

Quote:

Stitchawl
I just got an overwhelming craving for escargot
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #23713
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post

it's amazing to see you posting after such a feast :|
Having watched 'The Hunger Games' this evening (no, it wasn't much better than the book... but my wife like it,) I almost felt guilty about it. Almost.

Quote:
And artichokes. I have a ginger on my counter that has started sprouting, if I plant it will I actually end up with a plant?
You bet! Put it into a LARGE bucket (feed bucket size!) of very sandy soil. (I use just sand for mine) and let it go! The stalks and flowers from eatable ginger aren't all that thrilling, but when ever you need some to cook with, just pull it up, snap off a 'finger' and stuff it back down in the sand. You'll have a never-ending supply of fresh ginger! If you can find 'Strawberry Ginger,' THAT makes some spectacular flowers, but not so good for eating. They look like these that I shot in Thailand....

[EDIT: The shot is labeled 'Orchid' as its one of a series I shot it in an orchid nursery near the Thai/Burmese border. It's actually Strawberry Ginger.)

Quote:
I just got an overwhelming craving for escargot
It was either shrimp or snails... and the snails were too expensive.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Orchid0003.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	101603  

Last edited by Stitchawl; 02-20-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #23714
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
All this talk of food in the "What's in your cup thread?" Now I'm going to have get something to eat . And it's all your fault.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #23715
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
(yes, too much food around; I'm dieting)

in my cup: cold coffee
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?