Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
ePub errors

I'm making my first handcrafted ePub (a pretty version of a PG text). Although I know it's not a done deal that passing epubcheck means all errors are corrected, it's been really helpful for troubleshooting.

I've managed to fix most of the idiot mistakes I made, but I am stumped about these last few.

Quote:
ERROR: Wodehouse, PG - Right Ho, Jeeves.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(10): assertion failed: The "id" attribute does not have a unique value!
ERROR: Wodehouse, PG - Right Ho, Jeeves.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(36): assertion failed: The "id" attribute does not have a unique value!
ERROR: Wodehouse, PG - Right Ho, Jeeves.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(36): 'image/png' is not a permissible spine media-type
WARNING: Wodehouse, PG - Right Ho, Jeeves.epub/OEBPS/toc.ncx(20): hyperlink to resource outside spine 'OEBPS/cover.xhtml'
The epub is attached. Anyone know where I've screwed up? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Oh, and I haven't started marking up the text yet and the cover is only a placeholder! I'm just working on the framework. It'll be waaay nicer when I'm done.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Wodehouse, PG - Right Ho, Jeeves.epub (251.8 KB, 374 views)

Last edited by Hatgirl; 05-18-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You have:

Code:
<item id="cover" href="cover.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item id="cover" href="images/cover.png" media-type="image/png" />
Both with id="cover". Change the second to "cover_pic", for instance, and the last two errors will go away.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Both with id="cover". Change the second to "cover_pic", for instance, and the last two errors will go away.
D'oh! Thanks, Jellby! That actually solved all of my problems. Now I get to start doing the markup. This is so much fun!

(shut up, I know I'm a nerd)
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote