Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #46
mellow_kitty
mellow_kitty began at the beginning.

Device: none
hidari: Interesting to hear people are ordering PPro from Japan!

Tisane: Well I can't stop myself from refreshing the USPS tracking page! Mine left San Fran in the morning too are you from western Canada too?
mellow_kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #47
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Good News: it is 11:10 Sapporo Time. My Pocket Pro has arrived and intact Robertb! Ta for the quick delivery: Only Five days including Time Zone differences. This is my 3rd ebook reader so I already know some of the excitement in store. My wife will like the free light as she has stolen my Gen3 and uses it to read Japanese novels in the dark, thus the "gift" light will be stolen as well.

I was impressed the battery was at 40 percent. good enuf to play around with. I have it charging now and am putting an array of formatted books on it to test it out. not sure if I have the latest firmware:

as of now it is : Linux kernal: 2.6.21.7
and FW V2.02Astak0912....etc... me thinks.

Anyways looking forward to comparing it to my Gen3 and 505...will post when I have fooled around with my new PP. So far love form factor.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #48
Tisane
Reader
Tisane began at the beginning.

Device: Purple Pocket Pro
Thanks, Robertb! I considered and rejected all the "big name" ebook readers, so I hope the Pocket Pro is exactly what I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellow_kitty View Post

Tisane: Well I can't stop myself from refreshing the USPS tracking page! Mine left San Fran in the morning too are you from western Canada too?
Alberta, yes! Shouldn't take long from California, but one never knows with customs.
Tisane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #49
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Hang in there, Tisane!! You will really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
Thanks, Robertb! I considered and rejected all the "big name" ebook readers, so I hope the Pocket Pro is exactly what I need.

Alberta, yes! Shouldn't take long from California, but one never knows with customs.
Dear Tisane:

You will soon see that you made a great decision. The Pocket PRO will please you very much!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #50
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
So you married a Japanese girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Good News: it is 11:10 Sapporo Time. My Pocket Pro has arrived and intact Robertb! Ta for the quick delivery: Only Five days including Time Zone differences. This is my 3rd ebook reader so I already know some of the excitement in store. My wife will like the free light as she has stolen my Gen3 and uses it to read Japanese novels in the dark, thus the "gift" light will be stolen as well.

I was impressed the battery was at 40 percent. good enuf to play around with. I have it charging now and am putting an array of formatted books on it to test it out. not sure if I have the latest firmware:

as of now it is : Linux kernal: 2.6.21.7
and FW V2.02Astak0912....etc... me thinks.

Anyways looking forward to comparing it to my Gen3 and 505...will post when I have fooled around with my new PP. So far love form factor.
Dear Hidari:

Looking forward to your posts. Glad it arrived quickly. DO get the latest firmware... as it gives you the visible clock, longer battery charge life, 9 font sizes, and more. It does NO harm to pick the latest one and try it. If it is on there... no problem.

Yes, quite like many Japanese girls, the Pocket PRO form factor is light, thin, and a great joy to hold. So, I think you will be very pleased.

Hope you do not take any offence. Just trying to be friendly..
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #51
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Hidari:

Looking forward to your posts. Glad it arrived quickly. DO get the latest firmware... as it gives you the visible clock, longer battery charge life, 9 font sizes, and more. It does NO harm to pick the latest one and try it. If it is on there... no problem.

Yes, quite like many Japanese girls, the Pocket PRO form factor is light, thin, and a great joy to hold. So, I think you will be very pleased.

Hope you do not take any offence. Just trying to be friendly..

None taken. I just have to keep my new PP away from my wife's small Japanese hands. Fortunately, she is happily reading away on my Gen3, thus I have plenty of time for my new black PP. Had it a day now. The battery had a full charge in 4 hours to the dot. Everything running smoothly so far.. Will do a post after more fidgeting hath been accomplished.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote