Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
sbell1
sbell1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How often is an update released for K2?

I would like to try the screensaver hack but read that it must be removed for any new updates to download. Just wondering how often this would need to be done.

Thanks.
sbell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Based on the K1, almost never. For the K1 there was one soon after release (bug fixes perhaps) and then none until just before the K2 came out.

I'm not sure the recent K2 release was equivalent to the early K1 release. It seems to have been to add the option to disable read aloud on a book by book basis. So you might get another in a month or two, but they are not likely to be very frequent.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I disagree; I expect the K2 software upgrades to be a lot more frequent because there is so many features that are purely reliant on the software; the proliferation of hacks only underscores this fact. Now that Amazon has "replaced" the K1 with the K2, addressing many of their earlier issues, there's no reason now not to innovate rapidly on the software side.

Still, I wouldn't use this as a reason not to install the screensaver hack.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote