Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Who recommended Goodreads?

Because I may now have to beat them over the head.

I'm already at ~350 books added (that I've read) and I've been working on it for two hours.

Is anyone else on this site? BOb, I think it was you. It's all your fault!!!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Because I may now have to beat them over the head.

I'm already at ~350 books added (that I've read) and I've been working on it for two hours.

Is anyone else on this site? BOb, I think it was you. It's all your fault!!!
Actually, I recommended LibraryThing and how awesome it was and what I did with it. I "think" it was Gideon that said he used goodreads. I could find the thread if you really need to know whom to blame.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Actually, I recommended LibraryThing and how awesome it was and what I did with it. I "think" it was Gideon that said he used goodreads. I could find the thread if you really need to know whom to blame.

BOb
Don't lie, you just don't want me to beat you up
Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I must step in at this point. There is a sign-up list two threads over for those wishing to beat up PilotBob. Those wishing to bash me, the thread is three over and two down.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Well, that's true enough.

Here is the thread where I first started the project of cataloging my books read as I emptied my booksheves.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22047

It was back March 2008. Since then I do mention it alot... and goodreads.com comes up alot too. So, you possibly did see me post about it first.

Now, you can hurt me, just don't hit the face... please.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
I think that was me...

nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

I think all of you are asking for it

How many people are on mobileread and goodreads? I'm wondering if a group should be made there...
Old 02-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #8
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well me for one...

I think a group would be a great idea!

There's also a facebook goodreads application...
Old 02-23-2009, 09:58 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Any comments on how GoodReads is vs LibraryThing and Shelfari? I've messed a bit with the other two, but never done anything on GoodReads.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:58 PM   #10
nelamvr6
Zealot

Was it in this thread that you heard about it?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
nelamvr6
Zealot

One thing I don't like about goodreads, so far I haven't been able to figure out how to export my book list, so if I want to try out shelfari I'm stuck inputing my books one at a time... again!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
Well me for one...

I think a group would be a great idea!

There's also a facebook goodreads application...
I had the facebook app, but it didn't interest me. Of course, I made a whole new account just now. Probably good, I don't want my facebook friends seeing what I read.
Quote:
Was it in this thread that you heard about it?
Yup, that's it!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #13
nelamvr6
Zealot

Quote:
I had the facebook app, but it didn't interest me. Of course, I made a whole new account just now. Probably good, I don't want my facebook friends seeing what I read.

Yup, that's it!
OK then, go ahead and give it to me:

Old 02-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #14
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
One thing I don't like about goodreads, so far I haven't been able to figure out how to export my book list, so if I want to try out shelfari I'm stuck inputing my books one at a time... again!
You can export the books you have loaded on GoodReads to a csv file. It's not intuitive but here's how you do it:

Login to your account
Go to the "My Books" screen
Select the "Add More" option on the upper right hand side of screen
Select the "Import Books to my Account" option
On the right hand side of the screen you'll see a link "Export to CSV file"

I've checked out Library Thing and have an account there, but you can only load 200 books without having to subscribe and pay Library Thing. GoodReads is totally free. I currently have 876 books loaded on GoodReads.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #15
nelamvr6
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
You can export the books you have loaded on GoodReads to a csv file. It's not intuitive but here's how you do it:

Login to your account
Go to the "My Books" screen
Select the "Add More" option on the upper right hand side of screen
Select the "Import Books to my Account" option
On the right hand side of the screen you'll see a link "Export to CSV file"

I've checked out Library Thing and have an account there, but you can only load 200 books without having to subscribe and pay Library Thing. GoodReads is totally free. I currently have 876 books loaded on GoodReads.
Oh sweet! Thanks! It works perfectly!

Now I'm off to try shelfari!