Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Nice Cover For Kobo Touch

Has anyone seen any nice covers for a Kobo Touch lately?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I recieved the Gecko KT cover for review a few days ago and it is very nice indeed.

Cannot comment on fit just yet as my attempts to obtain a KT floundered after I thought the purchase was a done deal.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Cannot comment on fit just yet as my attempts to obtain a KT floundered after I thought the purchase was a done deal.
I managed to score a KT off here so I'm looking fwd to that.

I will check out Gecko for the KT.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Skin digital offers some nice covers imo in different colours. I'm yet to receive my pink cover ^^ http://www.skindigitalstore.com/cate...FW0D4godYE6HoA
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post
Skin digital offers some nice covers imo in different colours. I'm yet to receive my pink cover ^^ http://www.skindigitalstore.com/cate...FW0D4godYE6HoA
Oh, please do tell us how it is when you have it. I've actually bought from Skindigital before, but the Nook Color cover I bought from them looks fairly different from these KT covers, so it's hard to judge.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Oh, please do tell us how it is when you have it. I've actually bought from Skindigital before, but the Nook Color cover I bought from them looks fairly different from these KT covers, so it's hard to judge.
Will do. I ordered about a week ago. Should be here soon!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #7
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
My Casecrown Regal flip cover works a treat, and I'm very pleased with it.
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur

Checked my mailbox in the afternoon and the case came
I really like the colour.
The case adds quite a bulk to the kobo, especially around the screen. The screen is already a bit lower than the border and after putting the KT in the case the screen is even lower. A minor annoyance when turning the page...because when you turn the page, your thumb or finger has touch the edge of the case..Does that make sense?

Photos (case is richer and brighter in colour in rl):
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3615/photo0453r.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6276/photo0452f.jpg
bottom view: http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/474/photo0451b.jpg
top view: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5509/photo0450o.jpg

Last edited by IxiaAurea; 09-27-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
indigo / chapters just got a bunch of new ones in, i'll probably go and pick this one up this week

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...kobo-touch%3a5
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
indigo / chapters just got a bunch of new ones in, i'll probably go and pick this one up this week

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...kobo-touch%3a5
Just picked this one up a couple days ago, and it's awesome.
Makes it a bit heavy, but definitely better than anything else I've tried, the texture feels better than the leather ones out there, fits perfectly, does not cover the power slider, micro usb port, or the home button.
Highly recommended!
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
larryt
Enthusiast
larryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-bookslarryt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
For $49 you can pick up the Werx Kobo eReader Portfolio Case With Light (KB-K2P-2192BB-CN), if a light interests you. I've seen them at Futureshop.
larryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Am I the only one surprised at the expense of a case? $35-50 for a carry case. Wow.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #13
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I got one of the Skindigital case's and I like it except that it isn't very easy to get back out of the case to read bareback. But protection wise it's great.

P.S I have the black bookstyle leather one.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #14
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latch View Post
Am I the only one surprised at the expense of a case? $35-50 for a carry case. Wow.
I agree with you. I'm okay with them being at the $10-15 range... even $20 if it's good quality... but $30-50? That's almost 1/3rd of the eReader itself. Local artisans could probably make a much better custome made leather case for that kind of price.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #15
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I have just received my blue Casecrown one (same design as the Skindigital ones but not leather) and am very pleased with it.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote