Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Is Calibre 7.34 Kobo 1.8 friendly?

New Calibre upgrade today does anyone know if it is playing nice with the 1.8 firmware for the Kobo-O?
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
you might want to take a look at the release notes, as it will be spelled out in there. Not home at the moment so I couldn't tell you.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

I did but I couldnt find a specific reference to the kobo firmware
Old 12-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I didn't see Tim's driver change listed in the change log. I emailed Tim to see if it is there, but not listed. He's pretty busy during the daytime, so he may not be able to tell us until he gets off work.

Last edited by taming; 12-17-2010 at 03:10 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

While it may have been an omission on his part, chances are that if it isn't there, it isn't supported yet. He's usually pretty good with keeping the notes up to date when it comes to device firmware compatibility fixes that I've seen. That said, you can always install it and if Calibre detects the kobo, then you should be good. ( I do believe that calibre wasn't detecting kobo's with the new firmware).
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
Mussgorsky
Mussgorsky began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
The Changelog for the 7.34 states "Kobo driver: Add support for 1.8.x firmware" So I am assuming it will play nice.
Mussgorsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Good--it wasn't there a bit ago. Tim may have gotten in touch with Kovid to do the edit. I knew that Tim had submitted the update in time to get it in, but you can never tell what can happen.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Hi

It looks to be there.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
baronrus
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Hi

It looks to be there.

Tim
Great thanks for your efforts
Old 12-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
EDinNB
Enthusiast
EDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litterEDinNB doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Looks like everybody is d/l the update.. site d/l moving at a snails pace.... Will try later.

EDinNB
EDinNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #11
Jafo
Enthusiast
Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo (original)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Hi

It looks to be there.

Tim
Thanks to you and everyone that provide Calibre to us. I'll be sending another donation today!
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #12
windowsrefund
Connoisseur
windowsrefund began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
1.7.4 is the latest firmware version for the kobo wifi. In other words, it has nothing to do with the 1.8 upgrade since that appears to have been released for the original (non-wifi) kobo device.
windowsrefund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
Psyke
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrefund View Post
1.7.4 is the latest firmware version for the kobo wifi. In other words, it has nothing to do with the 1.8 upgrade since that appears to have been released for the original (non-wifi) kobo device.

um...Not sure what you're getting at windowsrefund....OP is an original Kobo user who upgraded to 1.8, and Calibre didn't work for him (or others who upgraded) and wanted to know if the latest release was compatible. Tim confirms that it is indeed compatible now.. don't know if you meant to respond to another post and posted here by mistake, or didn't understand the original question

cheers..
Old 12-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
All working, my preloaded books show up now. The only issue I noticed was that when I reloaded all my books, updated all the collections to Im_Reading or Read, they didn't transfer that way to the kobo. They all came through as "Unread". I did it again, and the same thing happened. A third time - they all came through correctly. Not sure what happened, but will keep an eye on it.

Now I'm off to do some reading on my kobo, instead of reading on here all day!
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote