Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Special Pocket PRO WITH reading light $199

Dear All:

Product Manager Special Valentines Promotion!

Effective January 30 until Valentines Day is ended: buy either a 6 inch EZ Reader Basic or the 5 inch Pocket PRO... get a free Mighty Bright MiniFlex LED eBook Reader light FREE and INCLUDED! We want to build up our sales of both of these fine products and getting a couple hundred out there is the way to do it!! Seduce your honey with the ideal DEAL!!

There will be no SD card with the purchase. Instead, you will be getting your sweetheart, or serviceperson, or lovey-dovey one of the best eBook Readers along with a FREE SILVER-colored Mighty Bright LED lite. OR... buy one for yourself and you will love YOU!!

This is a $219 value for $199!! Personally, I think our Product Manager has lost his marbles... so please take advantage of his lunacy before February 15!!
Limited to first 245 units!! These are brand new lights with fresh replaceable batteries!!

Do NOT purchase early. This deal will become active on the morning of January 30!! Anything prior will not get this deal! ONLY on: www.theEZreader.com
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hey Robert
When is EZReader.com going to take down the Holiday Ornaments on their page banner
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Can I get this deal with the purple Pocket Pro???
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Sounds good, Mr. B, but I fear 5 or 6 inches may not be enough to satisfy my wife on Valentines day...

Any more news on the A9 series?

Last edited by Mr. Dalliard; 01-27-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No color restriction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Can I get this deal with the purple Pocket Pro???
Dear Davimee: ANY of the 6 colors!! Purple is beautiful and YES!!

ONLY SILVER though on the lite. The lite only is available in Silver!

Last edited by Robertb; 01-27-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Ah booey. Now I wish I had waited in ordering my PP. I could have done without the SD card and had the Mighty Light instead...

Rob is this also that grand announcement you were hinting at last week?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Robertb

Keep Christmas in your heart all year long!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Hey Robert
When is EZReader.com going to take down the Holiday Ornaments on their page banner
Dear Duckee:

Good point!! I will talk to them now!! I think they were saving it for the special "Christmas in July" promo!!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #8
Robertb

Not the grand announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Ah booey. Now I wish I had waited in ordering my PP. I could have done without the SD card and had the Mighty Light instead...

Rob is this also that grand announcement you were hinting at last week?
Dear Acreo Aeneas:

Good question... but no!

Here is a hint on the anouncement: THINK a place to buy eBooks. That is a huge hint. This is close now. We still need Google to approve and than the Grand Announcement will be made! Sometimes my own sense of urgency just is not appreciated by others involved. Google is only one partner involved but they take their time!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
Robertb

5 or 6 inches not enough for wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dalliard View Post
Sounds good, Mr. B, but I fear 5 or 6 inches may not be enough to satisfy my wife on Valentines day...

Any more news on the A9 series?
Dear Mr. Dalliard:

I will be good and not comment on the way you put this.

Yes, we are indeed working to try to bring in at least one 9 inch. We may end up with two. There is a lot of stuff being considered after CES and all of it is shaking out. I still am hearing 2 months!! We are looking at newspapers and periodicals for our devices so the 9 inch is pretty essential.

I HATE not being able to be clearer. BUT... Astak is like Apple... no details until release. If I say anything Astak takes a painful bite out of my rump while kicking it!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Robert, about how many hours does the mighty bright last before having to replace the battery? Also, will the light affect the shipping price? I have been leaning towards purchasing the travelflex light as it is a bit smaller and takes AAA batteries... but a free light is hard to pass up. Thanks!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #11
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
If I remember correctly, the silver Mighty Bright on Astak's website also takes AAAs (three of them) and the box should come with 3 already. As an aside, got to play around with the silver one during my 3D animation class today. It's much brighter than I had figured.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:38 AM   #12
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Mr. Dalliard:

I will be good and not comment on the way you put this.

Yes, we are indeed working to try to bring in at least one 9 inch. We may end up with two. There is a lot of stuff being considered after CES and all of it is shaking out. I still am hearing 2 months!! We are looking at newspapers and periodicals for our devices so the 9 inch is pretty essential.

I HATE not being able to be clearer. BUT... Astak is like Apple... no details until release. If I say anything Astak takes a painful bite out of my rump while kicking it!
My apologies for lowering the tone.

Thanks for the update!
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 AM   #13
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
If I remember correctly, the silver Mighty Bright on Astak's website also takes AAAs (three of them) and the box should come with 3 already. As an aside, got to play around with the silver one during my 3D animation class today. It's much brighter than I had figured.
On the other hand, if it's the same one I got in the "Holiday" package my wife got me for Christmas, it uses two of those CR2032 wafer (quarter-size) batteries. (Had to open it up and pull out the piece of plastic preventing the batteries from draining while in storage in case it was accidentally switched on during packaging).

These are typically long-lasting for the size.

Last edited by eGeezer; 01-28-2010 at 01:58 AM.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #14
CCampbell202
CCampbell202 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro
I was looking to buy the EZ Pro for V-day so this deal is great. Will the EZ Reader Pro be available in red?
CCampbell202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCampbell202 View Post
I was looking to buy the EZ Pro for V-day so this deal is great. Will the EZ Reader Pro be available in red?
Welcome to our Happy Group!

Only the PEz (5") is available in colors like Maroon A rich reddish color.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote