Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Soybits map of 2008/9 publishing trends

Soybits is a Spanish blog about publishing trends. i've just seen their very gorgeous graphic representation of the 2008-2009 tendencies on Teleread and thought it deserved to be posted here too.

Mobileread is on the red "Conversational" line (as is Teleread).

you can see the full size version on the Soybits blog ; it's definitely worth the click.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
For a minute there I thought you were tricking me by posting the Paris metro!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i also love subway maps, it's true.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
LOL, you should make this your wallpaper.

This is pretty friggin cool. Did you see Calibre is on there?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:50 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It's nice too see Mobileread, Feedbooks and Calibre there... and it's strange to see Adobe and Digital Editions so far away.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:54 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
For a minute there I thought you were tricking me by posting the Paris metro!
Same impression here.
It definitely looks like a subway map
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:43 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Same impression here.
It definitely looks like a subway map
that's probably why i like it so much.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
that's probably why i like it so much.
then this should probably make you happy - I love subway maps. I have some more links around somewhere *starts digging*
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
then this should probably make you happy - I love subway maps. I have some more links around somewhere *starts digging*
oh yep, that's going to be my new favorite link for a while, thank you !

here is an interactive map of the paris métro. you can click on a departure and arrival station and it will show you the route to take, and it will also allow you to open a street map of the neighborhood around any station and calculate the distance of any trajectory on foot. the return trip to my grocery store is nearly 2 kilometres. good exercise.

edit : oops, i forgot da linky.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #10
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
The Milkyway Transit Authority...though perhaps this is a "superway" rather than a "subway". I guess it depends on the technology:

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:40 AM   #11
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Subway maps of the world. On that note I still carry around the excellent and free program "Métro" which runs on many mobile OSes and which has seldom let me down. A web 2.0 map. US maps.

*sigh* so many dead links in my collection.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

heh. i just noticed i forgot to include the linky. here tis : http://www.ratp.info/orienter/cv/carteparis.php
Old 01-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Subway maps of the world. On that note I still carry around the excellent and free program "Métro" which runs on many mobile OSes and which has seldom let me down. A web 2.0 map. US maps.

*sigh* so many dead links in my collection.
heh !! i was just trying to find the web2.0 map (which i have bookmarked, somewhere). thanks. however, i do *not* thank you for the Métro app link. i do not have a pda / smartphone / etc., and i do not technically need one, but apps like that make me covet one. stop it.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #14
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

Okay, this is like subway map pr0n.

And then there are the million anagram maps: 1 , 2, 3, 4 (okay, that is not millions but 4 but there are more out there)

And more, more, more

hmmm, covet! Come to the dark side! Luke, I am your father! We all float down here!

edit: ooh, that paris map is pretty!

Last edited by acidzebra; 01-16-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Okay, this is like subway map pr0n.
hm. excuse me while i go take a cold shower. i'll be back in a minute. or 30.

Quote:
And then there are the million anagram maps: 1 , 2, 3, 4 (okay, that is not millions but 4 but there are more out there)
it should come as no surprise to anyone that the nearest métro station to me is "Cab Feline Loon".
Quote:
And more, more, more
more more more !!!
Quote:
hmmm, covet! Come to the dark side! Luke, I am your father! We all float down here!
must... resist... gadget... lust... ! must... not... roll... shiny... dice... !! (or whatever that expression is)
Quote:
edit: ooh, that paris map is pretty!
i know, isn't it ? i really think my favorite part is the trajectory calculator. i had no idea i covered so much ground in my daily life.