Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #16
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I guess it perhaps depends what you're used to paying for a book. The standard paperback price in the UK is normally either £6.99 or £7.99 (roughly US$11 or 13), so to get a book that's only available in hardback at below paperback prices, seems like a good deal to me.
£6.99? When was the last time you bought a paperback?

It's more commonly £8.99 these days, but it might be less in genres with thinner books.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
£6.99? When was the last time you bought a paperback?

It's more commonly £8.99 these days, but it might be less in genres with thinner books.
Shows how long it is since I bought a book from anywhere other than Amazon .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #18
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I guess it perhaps depends what you're used to paying for a book. The standard paperback price in the UK is normally either £6.99 or £7.99 (roughly US$11 or 13), so to get a book that's only available in hardback at below paperback prices, seems like a good deal to me.

If you're used to paying less, though, it probably isn't. Although when I was working in Australia at the end of 2011, I found that books were quite expensive - certainly more than we pay in the UK - so I'm slightly surprised you consider this a "garden variety" price. What do you pay for hardbacks in Australia?
Actually, bought one hardback for $26 late last year. Online sale price. They use to be close to $60. Now probably more like $50ish I think. Or, crazy people only price.

Keenest Australian bookbuyers get stuff from the Book depository etc where you can pay American prices.

My point was, I'd seen every other Rollins ebook on sale in the past for $5.00 or less, so $10 wasn't really a sale price, but a standard price.

And more commonly, only crazy people would buy the Australian digital edition when they are often way more!
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote