Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #61
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Yes, flying is good. I've now read 11 of the 40 I set as my summer-time goal.
Still reading Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) -- I need to finish it and join in the discussion thread. But, I have read three other books: Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich (Kindle), The World According to Bertie, a 44 Scotland Street novel by Alexander McCall Smith (Audio CD), and A Summer Affair by Susan Wiggs (MMP). This takes me to 14/40 for the summer challenge.

Just started reading Offspring by Steven Harper, fourth in his Silent Empire series. He's just beginning to get the books out in electronic formats -- starting with Amazon & Mobipocket -- and you can see his posts about the Silent Empire series in this thread.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #62
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Just finished a Star Trek novel, 26/50. I am losing internet access except at work starting tomorrow (I am moving and it will take a few days for my new net access to get set up) but will keep reading!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #63
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
9 of 25, Everglades by Randy Wayne White.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #64
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

11 of 25, The Blue Edge Of Midnight and A Visible Darkness by Jonothan King.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:37 AM   #65
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Let's see

Three Men in a Boat,
Asimov's April-May 2009
Asimov's June 2009
JBU V3#4
JBU V3#5
JBU V3#6

22/50

Now onto Nineteen Eighty Four...

Slowing down a bit - other things taking up time - including MobileRead!
Well, Off to Edinburgh for a holiday, so probably not much reading time, unless between shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Asimov's March 2009 finished.

Now onto Mobileread's July book - Three Men in a Boat.

16/50 so far.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #66
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Well, Off to Edinburgh for a holiday, so probably not much reading time, unless between shows.
ironic how those litterary festivals cut into your reading time. (i'm just presuming you're going for that)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #67
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ironic how those litterary festivals cut into your reading time. (i'm just presuming you're going for that)
Thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt. But no - I'm going for the Fringe shows.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #68
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
27/50 done. I finish camp on Friday so should get more reading done once that's out of the way
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #69
benham
Guru

12 of 25, Stripped by Brian Freeman
Old 08-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #70
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
... This takes me to 14/40 for the summer challenge.

Just started reading Offspring by Steven Harper, fourth in his Silent Empire series. He's just beginning to get the books out in electronic formats -- starting with Amazon & Mobipocket -- and you can see his posts about the Silent Empire series in this thread.
Finished reading Offspring on 3 August and immediately started reading Expendable by James Alan Gardner. As soon as I finished reading it, I bought the sequel, Vigilant for my Kindle. I have discovered a new author whose universe I really enjoy. This is a Kindle book I picked up last month sometime.

Part of my trip over the past two weeks was spent driving all over Georgia & Alabama, so I "read" two quick books on audio CD. A Kiss Remembered by Sandra Brown was a dreadful romance novel. I think it may have been one of the earliest books she wrote since her current novels are very good. I wouldn't have started it if I'd known how bad it was. The other audio book was Naughty Neighbor by Janet Evanovich. I enjoyed that so much and laughed so hard that I decided to read Evanovich's Plum Lovin' next.

With all those books added in, I'm 19/40 -- about half-way to my summer goal. Hubby & I will be driving to Denver next week, so I intend to get a bunch of reading done along the way.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #71
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Since the beginning of June, I've read 37 books. 7 so far in August. I need to read 17 books a month from this month to the end of the year if I want to read 200 books this year. So I've got a ways to go for August, but I've just stocked up on quite a few books, and I'm aiming for some fast reads (hey, that counts!). A couple of books I've been waiting for come out at the end of the month too and I'm sure I'll devour those!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #72
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Just finished Jo Walton's "Ha'penny" (Found a paper copy in a shop in Edinburgh. Not as good as "Farthing", but not bad.)

23/50

Now to continue Nineteen Eighty Four...
Old 08-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #73
Elsi
Wizard

Half-way!!! Finished #20 this morning: Vigilant by James Alan Gardner, the second in his League of Peoples novels. I bought it for the Kindle; don't know if it's available from other eBook stores. Now reading a paper book: Minerva Wakes by Holly Lisle. It was published by Baen, and although several of her books are available through Baen/Webscriptions, this one isn't. That's OK as I'm sending it to a friend in my book-swapping group.

Last edited by Elsi; 08-19-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #74
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
I've made it to 40 now. It's amazing how much more reading I've done in the last week since my computer broke. Now I have a replacement I think I'll be slowing down again! Starting to believe I might complete the challenge now, although it probably depends how long the next few books are.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:10 AM   #75
Elsi
Wizard

As I was preparing this reply, I noticed that I had missed counting a book that I read in July. The Whole Truth by David Baldacci. That was actually the 7th book I read since starting this challenge, and I was one book closer than I had thought for quite a while. In the past 10 days I've read 6 books: Minerva Wakes by Holly Lisle, Soul Intent by Dennis Batchelder, Patty Jane's House of Curl by Lorna Landvik, What's a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria Laurie, A Novena for Murder by Sister Carol Anne O'Marie, and Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend by Victoria Laurie.

I'm now 27/40. Don't know if I'll make it to 40 by 8 September. Since I'm supposed to be travelling on the 8th, I may count it as being in this challenge. I should read one or two books while I'm on the road between Dallas and Atlanta.