Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Soul View – Supernatural Thriller, Free download in many formats

I just completed Soul View. It is available for free in several different formats (lrf, mobi, lit, epub, pdf, txt, html, pdb) and can be downloaded at:

http://www.sitelane.com/ebooks/soulview/

Here is the synopsis:

Soul View

Dr. Jim Sagacity is a Marriage and Family Therapist that has the special ability to see deep inside other people. He can see their souls. He volunteers at a Philadelphia hospital in order to be as close to death as possible, for during most fatalities, he watches the spirit of the recently deceased depart this world in a display of pure joyous wonder. Throughout his life, he celebrates his ability in secret, focusing on the sheer elation of these transitions, until one day he is shown that not all souls are willing or able to take that all important step into the next realm. Weaker souls, small and dim to Jim’s eyes, face a darker fate.

With a new understanding of what death might mean, Dr. Sagacity joins a group of other specially gifted people in hopes of assisting those spirits he believes lack the strength to move on to a new existence. Pooling their incredible and supernatural talents, they pinpoint those individuals that are facing death in the very near future. Jim Sagacity experiences the complexities of working with others focused beyond the constraints of this physical realm, but within a society attentive to the normal realities of death, despair and even murder. He finds that not everyone shares his views, that the truth can often be distorted, and that the world he lives in can be a very difficult and dangerous place.

If you have any questions, trouble with the downloads, or difficulties with the file formats, please let me know. I know there’s a boatload of free eBooks competing for your time, so I appreciate any attention you can spare. Thanks.

Jeff Inlo
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Ta Jeff Crikey, even more books to read
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Thanks Jeff !

MY to read list is now over a year, But I retire this year so I don't doubt that my 50 or so reads a year will become 150 or so - it's a bugger' getting old! you have the time to read more but don't remember what you have read

Did I say that I don't always remember what I have just read? - did I just say that??

Har'e chrishna
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Thanks coco.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #5
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks again Jeff it came to the top of my to read list and I have just finished it. A great read!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Thanks again Jeff it came to the top of my to read list and I have just finished it. A great read!
Hey Columbus,

Thanks for the kind words. In return, I’m going to send you on a trip around the world!

Wait a minute, you already tried to do that and ended up on some Caribbean island. I don’t want to do the same old thing, so I’m canceling the trip. It’s actually for your own good. This time you might end up in Greenland.

How about instead I make up your own signature slogan?

“Ohio just wouldn’t be the same without me!”

or

“I’m not lost, I’m just taking in the sights!”

or

“That’s not a sea monster, it’s just… eeeaaaayyyyhhhh! Kidding.”

or

“My compass broke.”

or

“Taxis are too expensive. Take the bus, the Columbus!”

Jeff Inlo
Old 09-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Thanks
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:41 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Jeff, I just started Soul View and found I hated to stop to get ready for work.

I am really enjoying it so far and can't wait for the free time to get back into it.

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:07 AM   #9
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Hey Columbus,

Thanks for the kind words. In return, I’m going to send you on a trip around the world!

Wait a minute, you already tried to do that and ended up on some Caribbean island. I don’t want to do the same old thing, so I’m canceling the trip. It’s actually for your own good. This time you might end up in Greenland.

How about instead I make up your own signature slogan?

“Ohio just wouldn’t be the same without me!”

or

“I’m not lost, I’m just taking in the sights!”

or

“That’s not a sea monster, it’s just… eeeaaaayyyyhhhh! Kidding.”

or

“My compass broke.”

or

“Taxis are too expensive. Take the bus, the Columbus!”

Jeff Inlo

Old 09-11-2009, 04:36 AM   #10
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

Many thanks.

Cheers

nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #11
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

nohmi and rcuadro, I hope you enjoy it and thanks for giving Soul View a chance.

Dreams, I thought w*** was a four letter word that was supposed to be avoided around here. Now this w*** is causing you to lose reading time. It's high time for a global movement.

Ban w*** from the office place!

It will definitely improve morale, and remember a happy office is a productive office.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #12
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Jeff:

Thank you. I would suggest reproofing the last chapters. There are a lot of incorrect homonyms and similar mistakes. Nothing fatal, but it did slow down the reading.

It was an interesting concept. The one item I stumbled over was the protagonist's surname. It was hard to take the story seriously because of that. I thought at first you were going for humor.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
"Dr. Jim Sagacity"? really. I agree-change the protagonist's name. It is pretty silly in context. (And no, I'm not remarking on the humorous connotation of 'Jim'!)
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #14
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

Jack Tingle,

I'm going to be going through Soul View to fix some errors someone else pointed out to me, so hopefully I'll find those you refer to in the later chapters.

As for Jim Sagacity's name, I like it. What's wrong with being silly? I try never to take myself too seriously.

Actually, the "Jim" part has personal meaning. Whenever my wife asks me a question about who did something and I don't know the answer, I always say "Jim" did it or "Jim" sang that song. Even if it's a woman she's referring to, I will say "Jim" is responsible. Poor "Jim" pretty much takes a good deal of blame in my home.

I realize it's the "Sagacity" part you probably don't like, but hey, it's better than me calling him "Jim Spartacus" or how about "Jim Cricket" or "Jim Thedooropen".

Anyway, thanks for giving "Soul View" a look.

Jeff Inlo
Old 09-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #15
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Thanks Jeff. My TBR queue just keeps getting longer
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote