Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
ZAGG Invisible Shield Sale

For those who like the protection of the ZAGG Invisible Shields, but have found them a bit too expensive, they are on sale today and tomorrow for 30% off!

Order at: ZAGG Invisible Shield for K2 and input the code "TAXRELIEF" at checkout for your discount!

I recommend getting the full body, but NOT using the screen shield - personally, I find it too reflective. However, the protection for the body is great.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
skinit.com has basically the same things for less scratch.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
pbennett
Enthusiast
pbennett began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
Yeah, don't bother, Zagg's are WAY overpriced. Boxwave's Kindle protector is only $12.95.
http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...dle-2_3469.htm
pbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbennett View Post
Yeah, don't bother, Zagg's are WAY overpriced. Boxwave's Kindle protector is only $12.95.
http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...dle-2_3469.htm
The Zagg and Boxwave are two different things - screen vs body protection. I agree, the Boxwave is a better screen protector, if you feel you need one, as it's non-glare. However, I believe the Zagg gives much superior body protection compared to anything else out there, and with this price, is definitely in line (or not much more) than the thinner, less protective skins available.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
I'll second the love for ZAGG for body protection. I can't use their screen protection because it's too reflective for my tastes, but the body protection is awesome (once you get it on). I have the full cover for my iPhone, it's great.

improves grip, and removes/reduces the need for a case.
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
pbennett
Enthusiast

I don't buy it. How does it remove the need for a case? Zagg won't do squat for the Kindle if you drop it [and it's way overpriced].
Old 05-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

unless your case has airbags or a parachute, most drops will still damage it, be it an iPhone or a Kindle.

My main desire in a case (since I strive to not drop my electronics) is to protect it from wear and tear, and things like that.

The Zagg skins do that to a tee. I'm much more comfortable with carrying my devices knowing a stray pen, or power brick, or keys aren't going to damage them.

It's funny that price comes into play with accessories, for a device we all paid close to $400 for.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
pbennett
Enthusiast

Sorry, a Zagg 'skin' isn't going to protect your Kindle when you drop it on concrete. Scratches, scuffs, sure. A drop? b.s. You need a case or cover for drop protection.
That'd be like saying a hood skirt on a car would prevent damage in a collision.

If someone just wants screen protection, the Zagg's are a total ripoff. For protection beyond that, just get a decent cover.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
jwilker
Connoisseur

YMMV, but I'd dropped my iPhone covered only in a ZAGG and had no problems. Sure if you drop it hard enough to damage it, yeah the skin won't protect it. A hood skirt would protect against road grit, which is what it's intended to do.

All I can say, I think ZAGG (while a bit more expensive than I'd prefer) do a nice job of what they're supposed to do and do it well and look nice. You're welcome to your opinion of course