Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
Cannadutch
Cannadutch began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Can't convert kindle ebooks anymore

Up to two days ago I had no trouble downloading and converting free books from Amazon and converting them for my Kobo. Now, I can still download them, but Calibre won't convert them anymore. Please help.
Cannadutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You need to give a lot more information other then "it doesn't work" for anyone to be able to help.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
Cannadutch

Ok, here's more info: When I want to add a book in Calibre from the kindle directory on my pc, I get an error message that says: Error decoding and then it shows the path.
Even books I already converted, I tried to convert again and I get the same message.
When I try to convert a book, it says they are DRM protected and unable to convert.

The books I downloaded from Amazon are all free books and have an .azw extension. I never had problems converting these books before

Last edited by Cannadutch; 05-15-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you ever strip DRM before or were you just lucky in getting DRM free eBooks? Could any of these be Topaz?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Recent versions of K4PC don't work with older versions of the 3rd party DRM-stripping Calibre plug-ins. See Apprentice Alf's Blog for the details and how to upgrade.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Recent versions of K4PC don't work with older versions of the 3rd party DRM-stripping Calibre plug-ins. See Apprentice Alf's Blog for the details and how to upgrade.
Good point. I totally spaced that.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
Cannadutch

Thanks! That blog helped. It works again now.