Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #61
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
Yeah I been wanting to read THY Kingdom Come FOR awhile, but haven't been able to find it again ( it was at a comic shop near my work but no longer there!).
You could try your local bookstore(s). Many have a section devoted to trade paperbacks.

I haven't checked on its availability since I picked it up in monthly comic form. One issue (Justice Society Of America #10) was so good that I picked up an extra copy just for reading. It featured one of the most emotionally moving scenes I've read in a long time (where Superman-22 stops a young woman from committing suicide).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:11 AM   #62
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
I can always have them order. barnes and Noble, and borders never have it.

Read Final Crisis not too long ago, and I was just confused most of the time lol. I think I need the companions with it.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 03:01 AM   #63
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can always have them order. barnes and Noble, and borders never have it.

Read Final Crisis not too long ago, and I was just confused most of the time lol. I think I need the companions with it.
I agree that "Final Crisis" was very confusing. After reading it, I was left with a feeling of "well...I think I understand what happened, but...I'm just not sure." Plus, when they introduced The Miracle Machine into the series I had a pretty good idea of how it was going to end.

I just finished reading "The Blackest Night" and thought it was outstanding. Unlike when I read "Final Crisis," I wasn't confused at all by what was going on and was satisfied with the ending. I especially enjoyed the interaction between Hal Jordan, Carol Ferris, and Sinestro. I hope it will lead to lasting changes in the DCU, especially concerning death.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #64
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
I got about 8 of the comics. Corp, I think the 2 of the 3 superman I think.

Then I thought, too much money I will wait for the graphic novel lol.

I heard it was really good, and I heard "The Brightest Day" that's the name right? Well anyways, I heard that is going to be really good.

I always prefered DC to Marvel.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #65
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard

Quote:
I got about 8 of the comics. Corp, I think the 2 of the 3 superman I think.

Then I thought, too much money I will wait for the graphic novel lol.

I heard it was really good, and I heard "The Brightest Day" that's the name right? Well anyways, I heard that is going to be really good.

I always prefered DC to Marvel.
"When it comes to reading "Blackest Night" the essential comics to read are: Blackest Night, Green Lantern, and Green Lantern Corps. The other related miniseries and one shots are good reads (I especially enjoyed the third issue of "Blackest Night - Wonder Woman") but are not essential to read.

"Brightest Day" has already started and it spins directly out of "Blackest Night." It's early in the story, but it looks very interesting. Geoff Johns is the writer and he has done outstanding work in the past (much of his work on Green Lantern alone has simply been incredible to read).

Like you, I'm a DC fan too. One of the main reasons I left Marvel is their major focus on the X-Men. With DC, while they do have their big characters they also devote attention to their second-tier heroes (like Green Lantern, Teen Titans, and The Flash) to make them stronger and more interesting characters (the entire "Blackest Night" series was spun out of long-established threads from Green Lantern, some going back more than 20 years).
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #66
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm a Batman nerd so:

Dark Knight Returns

Arkham Asylum

Year One
NickSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote