Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-07-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
Onyx T68

the onyx is not recognized by calibre, although it appears as usb drive. I am on mac, if that helps
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:52 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Mac doesn't support MTP devices. Use Calibre Companion. Works great on the T68.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2014, 04:19 AM   #3
McGonigle
Connoisseur
McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad 2018,
If I understand this correctly, the Beta 2.0 version of Calibre has:

"Support for Android phones and tablets on OS X, calibre should now detect and connect to them, just as it already does on windows and linux"

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243777
McGonigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:23 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I can connect to the T68 directly from Calibre on Windows, but CC is just so much better in every way that I can honestly see no point in doing so. If you've not tried CC, give it a go.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I can connect to the T68 directly from Calibre on Windows, but CC is just so much better in every way that I can honestly see no point in doing so. If you've not tried CC, give it a go.
The problem i have with usb connection with Calibre (and with my windows 8.1) is that sometimes only the main memory is recognised, sometimes the external sd is recognised as main memory and vice versa.. And sometimes both are recognised properly.
Even so i prefer to connect it thru usb, because i gave a go to CC and it didn't impress me so much.. Way slower than the usb connection (with a big library as mine at least: I could not pass my whole library to my T68 with CC and after several tries, i had to do it through my usb) and often failing to connect.
Moreover you can't decide where CC stores its data base (it's stored in the little main memory of the T68 and obviously it would be better to have it on the huge external sd)..
But the main problem i had was that it didn't provide me a good management of the library on my device... Searching for a book was too slow..

Eventually I have uninstalled it.
Probably it's me, i was not able to get the most from this app.. But it's not so good in my opinion.

Best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #6
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGonigle View Post
If I understand this correctly, the Beta 2.0 version of Calibre has:

"Support for Android phones and tablets on OS X, calibre should now detect and connect to them, just as it already does on windows and linux"

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243777
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
thank you so very much, gentlemen. this CC is a beautiful piece of sofwtare
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote