3 - 6 Months 11 16.67%
6 Months to a Year 14 21.21%
Over a Year 21 31.82%
I can't remember. Time flies when you have an iLiad. 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
How long have you had your iLiad

It seems like we have a lot of new users here who have not gone through a software update before. Having going through at least 6 of them, I found this a little amazing.

So here's the poll. How long have you owned your iLiad? I'm going to have it close automatically after a month as the information will keep changing.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:24 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Only a few days ago I installed the Developer Package, and then FBReader and Dillo. I've yet to upgrade from 2.11 to 2.12. I've been wondering if, post-upgrade, these two applications will "break" and whether I'll have to apply for the Developer Package again, but, hey, might as well give it a bash, hey?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 05:36 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Only a few days ago I installed the Developer Package, and then FBReader and Dillo. I've yet to upgrade from 2.11 to 2.12. I've been wondering if, post-upgrade, these two applications will "break" and whether I'll have to apply for the Developer Package again, but, hey, might as well give it a bash, hey?

Cheers,
Marc
After each update you have to reapply for the developer package and reinstall all the used applications. (Well, most anyway )
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:43 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
After each update you have to reapply for the developer package and reinstall all the used applications. (Well, most anyway )
Easy, as that, hey? Well, that'll be a doddle. I might even give it a burl right now. Thanks, tribble!

Cheers,
Marc
Old 02-07-2008, 07:18 AM   #5
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
My iLiad came with firmware 2.4 [July 2006]. I was one of the early adopters.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 07:22 AM   #6
angels90
angels90 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Almost 1 month - gotta love Christmas Had 2.11 on it ... and have it still
angels90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Easy, as that, hey? Well, that'll be a doddle. I might even give it a burl right now. Thanks, tribble!

Cheers,
Marc
Just updated it, applied for and downloaded the developer package, reinstalled FBReader and Minimo (not "Dillo", as I thought I had, and I had to edit the Minimo installer script file to change the version to 2.12 as Adam mentions elsewhere), and all is working well.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 02-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I would have liked to see an option called "Since Day 1", since there was none I just chose "over a year"...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #9
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Quote:
I would have liked to see an option called "Since Day 1", since there was none I just chose "over a year"...
Oh no, the statistics will have a severe bias. (Unless we have a few thousand probands)
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:23 PM   #10
davethetemp
davethetemp began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
The Iliad was my Christmas present to me

Started with 2.11 then learned after 2.12 that i should probably be a little more careful in updating if I want to keep my programs working.
davethetemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
awi
Enthusiast
awi has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: 2x Irex Iliad V2, DR1000s & DR800sg
just a remark: when you request the developers package on a mac, be sure to use Firefox instead of Safari.
Safari will not get the package ready for download with your iliad.
awi is offline   Reply With Quote