Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #106
biodu
Enthusiast
biodu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Hello Kelly,

you have to use a Kindle 3 as a host with Duokan installed for getting your 3.2 DXG firmware image.

Greetings
biodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #107
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly.Singh View Post
I just installed 3.2 on my KindleDx..and then I tried Duokan... I always encountered thus U007 error....and the update was never successful...I've done this like 10 times...but to no avail...
I have copied the DK_files...to the root directory and also the "Update_DK_dx" file to the root directory...
I really want to get my hands on this Doukan OS...any help would be really appreciated :/
Maybe Duokan Lite would work for you?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=duokan+lite
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #108
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
Maybe Duokan Lite would work for you?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=duokan+lite
it sure would.
worked for me.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #109
rickomuer
Enthusiast
rickomuer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Oh,k manged to install duokan.

Can some one help me to understand how manual trim is done. I select the same from the menu , trim it ; how do i save it ? I keeps giving me a popup of return key. On pressing the same , it keeps repeating.

Cheers!

Last edited by rickomuer; 06-29-2011 at 02:55 PM.
rickomuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #110
Mihail
Mihail began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Could somebody translate the list of Duokan shortcuts please?
The list (tree) is hsown as a picture herehttp://www.duokan.com/forum/viewthre...extra=page%3D1
Unfortunately, I can't copy-paste it to google translator.
Thank you! Gan xie!
Mihail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 04:12 AM   #111
jaxsnop
Enthusiast
jaxsnop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm not very sure what are the differences between Duokan and Duokan Lite. Which is the best? More options? Pls help.
jaxsnop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #112
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihail View Post
The list (tree) is hsown as a picture herehttp://www.duokan.com/forum/viewthre...extra=page%3D1
Thank you! Gan xie!
this is an english version(google translate) of this site (unfortunately, apart from the pictures): http://j.mp/leTEjQ
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:07 AM   #113
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metr0man View Post
I can't get it to install on my Kindle with 3.2.1... when I restart it, it gives me an error when trying to update. What the hell???
DUOKAN haven't developed the 3.2.1 Chinese version,so it shows error.I'm duokan's Chinese staff,you can contact me if you have any question.
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:11 AM   #114
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxsnop View Post
I'm not very sure what are the differences between Duokan and Duokan Lite. Which is the best? More options? Pls help.
“DUOKAN lite” introduced this time is anther reading software launched by Read More, which is only suitable for users of Kindle 3.

Compared with the present Read More software, “DUOKAN lite” has newly design of structure plan at functional level, resource deployment of system and functions and interaction of software interface and so on.

“DUOKAN lite” still keeps the basic reading functions, considering the expansibility of software. The design of multi-format support and other functions which net-friends concern most will be released in the form of plug-in in the related section regularly. (The first edition of “DUOKAN lite” only support TXT and now the PDF format; other formats will be provided with the regular upgrade.)

The main characters are as following:
1. System function: quicker, steadier, less electricity cost
2. User experience: new design of ue and is; concise format and reasonable operation.
3. Product function: book search based on the iwhole nternet searching with more resources and more reasonable results.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:16 AM   #115
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisondbl View Post
Installed Duokan, changed fonts, all kewl. BUT anytime I do a reboot or plug it into computer it AUTOMATICALLY GOES TO DUOKAN. Which means I have to go into settings and change back to Kindle AND WAIT TILL IT AGAIN DOES A REBOOT. I don't even know if I"ll use Duokan but I don't want IT to be default. So how do I change it? Thanks Alley
There is a choice in system setting ,you can stop it goes to DUOKAN system.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 AM   #116
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihail View Post
Thank you! Gan xie!
It is a installing skills process.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #117
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
I want to download the latest Duokan from the Chinese site, but it's downloading at between 2K-4K/second. Is there an alternate link that might be a bit faster? If someone has the file, can they host it somewhere?
In fact, download job is very fast, and the updated package is very small,you can try again another time.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #118
ryeyoo
ryeyoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Can you change the sleep timer in duokan?

Last edited by ryeyoo; 07-20-2011 at 07:03 PM.
ryeyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:49 AM   #119
mohamedselim
Technophile
mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Xiaomi redmi 5+ ,kindle Voyage etc
have any one met pictures showing problems or cover showing problems as i met with duokan no cover of epub files and internal pictures not show and the upper bar which show the name of book is always showing is their any option in setting menu to hide that to have full screen experience as original firmware and is their any conversions hints for duokan to show covers and internal pictures in epub books or other software
mohamedselim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #120
linnx88
Enthusiast
linnx88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello,

I installed Duokan on my Kindle 3 3.1 version today. I love the PDF features, however I have 2 serious issues with Duokan. I heard this mentioned before but nobody responded.

1. When I connect my Kindle to the USB, I get the drive letter assigned, but I can't read or write to the drive. If I click on it, I get a windows prompt saying:"Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (K.

I really hate having to reboot to the regular OS to upload something to kindle.

2. The dictionary file I got is working, but I'm seeing HTML tags in the dictionary display which is VERY annoying and makes it hard to read the contents.

Example:
<k>always</k> <i><c><co>adverb</co></c></i>

arghhh.

Please help.

Last edited by linnx88; 07-25-2011 at 11:29 PM.
linnx88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duokan, faq, kindle