Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
How much *reading* time do you get on the nook between charges

I have read the posts here and elsewhere about how long people are going between charges and how long the battery life lasts when you aren't using your nook.

My question is how much reading/using time you are getting out of the nook between charges. I get 2 days if I drain the battery down to 20%, maybe a bit more if I don't order anything or use the touchscreen much but I can't resist playing with it so...

I've been reading maybe an average of 4 hours per day, give or take. That's about 1 hour per 10% of battery charge.

Does that square with what other people are seeing? I had previously thought from the "10 days" promotional literature that I could read for a week with this thing without recharging--I do know I'm a heavy user-- but maybe that wasn't realistic.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
If I only read and don't play around with the touchscreen, my Nook uses ca. 4-6% battery power. That is at least my experience.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
If I have it in airplane mode I get about an hour per 5% of battery life. I've noticed that the battery drains a good bit when sleeping if you don't have it in airplane mode. It periodically wakes up and checks for new content. I keep the touchscreen at very low brightness (10% or less) and don't use it much. Once I'm reading something I generally don't leave it until I'm finished, which can be a couple of weeks. However, if I'm taking a lot of notes that obviously cuts into battery life. If you're using the touchscreen, opening and closing books and keep the antenna on, 10%/hour sounds reasonable.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote