Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #46
LucyLu
Bookaholic
LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PocketBook Touch
Hey guys, sorry to resurrect this old thread but I need some advice since I have the same problem as Strikerion. I have a Cybook Opus (firmware 2.1) and after several crashes and corrupted files I decided to format it. After the format in FAT32 (I have Win7) I installed the firmware (procedure OK according to Opus screen) but now the Opus is recognized only as a generic USB drive, I can see the ebook only in my SD card and I have to set the language every time etc.

I have a backup of the system files and I tried to copy them in the root folder without success.

I used Linux in the past but I'm not an expert at all so I have problems in using the procedure proposed in the previous posts. I was wondering if there is something that I can do with win7 to solve this issue.

PS:I hope that everything is explained clearly enough since english is not my language
LucyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #47
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Go into windows disk manager. What does it says about the cybook ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #48
LucyLu
Bookaholic
LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It says "removable disk - FAT32 primary partition". I hope that's what you meant.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #49
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Is the the cybook itself or the SD ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #50
LucyLu
Bookaholic

It's the cybook.
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #51
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
You formated you Opus with a partition map. It won't work, you have to format the bare device. (I'm not sur on how to do this under windows...)
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #52
LucyLu
Bookaholic

SOLVED!!!!

I found a way to solve the problem! I post the instruction for other Windows owners with the same difficulty.

1) Download a freeware utility called Bootice at http://bootice.narod.ru/.

It's extremely important to download BOOTICE v0.7.8.0 not a newer version otherwise it won't work.

2) Follow carefully the instruction present here http://www.pendrivelinux.com/restori...key-partition/

Important: don't use bootice download link from this page because it leads to a newer version of the program while you need to use only v0.7.8.0 . In the article is mentioned that Windows users can also use HP USB Format Tool I've tried it one hundred times and it doesn't work!

3) After the format reinstall the firmware.

With this procedure my Opus is brand new again!!

PS: This has been tested only on Opus with firmware 2.1.

Last edited by LucyLu; 05-26-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #53
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Lucy, glad you figured it out and thanks for sharing your solution. Hope it will help others with the same problem!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:38 AM   #54
LucyLu
Bookaholic

Thumbs up

I'm very happy to help someone else who faced my problem.

It has been a real pain i... to solve it but as said in an italian proverb "Necessity is the mother of invention" (La necessità aguzza l’ingegno).

Last edited by LucyLu; 05-27-2012 at 04:33 AM.