Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you schedule your reading time?
Yes 7 12.50%
No 49 87.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #31
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
I don't schedule time for reading, but I often like to set reading goals for myself, like reading a certain number of pages each day.
My usual rythm for book reading is one average size novel each week. If I notice a book is taking me longer to read than that, I will often decide to read a fixed amount of pages each day to finish the book in what I think is a reasonable time, depending on the size of the book (it is often around 50 pages a day, depending on the size of the page and the font).
I'm not rigid with these goals, if I don't make it I don't make a fuss, but I noticed I usually catch up in the next few days.

Incidentally, page numbers are one thing I miss with the cybook. Not having them makes it harder to fix reading goals. I try to do it with a given number of chapters but it's not always possible.
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #32
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
You might also be interested in this:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/6/6315198/52

Some people on the bookcrossing forums organise a "readathon" to try to clear some books off their TBR piles. The goal is to attempt to read for 24 hours during a chosen week (of course no need to read for 24 hours in a row). Doing it as a group sounds like fun!
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert