Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question How to make a Table of Content for PDF

Hey guys,

You know sometimes when you open a pdf file, you click the bookmark tab on the Adobe reader, it shows the table of content so that you can jump between sections and chapters.

I wonder how can you make that with the acrobat pro 07? I tried to do it by making a bookmark for different section manually, but the books is long, so I guess there should be a smarter way to get the task done. Any advice?

Thanks
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:52 AM   #2
ayman07
Ayman
ayman07 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
i just this in adobe pro 9 and i had to do it manually. i had to find each chapter and highlight it then bookmark it. i mean its not that hard really, just do like a control-F or command-f then search for Chapter #<--insert number. then when u bookmarked that chapter just change the number or word its written out. i dont mean to hijack ur thread, but how does this work in something like calibre. it doesnt detect the chapters. i uploaded the pdf to calibre then i hit the button that said force chapter detection and yet i dont see the chapters. thanks again and sorry to hijack. if no response is given, ill just make my own but i hope it helped a lil.

Last edited by ayman07; 06-19-2009 at 03:59 AM.
ayman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
This really should have been done by whoever PDF-ized the book originally. A Physics book for example, might have been made with LaTeX, and then automatically creating bookmarks with pdflatex is as simple as loading the hyperref package.

Been too long since I've looked at Acrobat Pro to see what other options there are with that.

ayman, are you convering the pdf to some other format with calibre? Were you getting some of the chapters but not others?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote