Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Cool Infamous First Posts and/or Introductions

Some MobileRead.com members have a very prominent/powerful presence here, but most had meek beginnings that soon evolved into a position of magnificence.

Thanks to a hilarious welcoming recently posted by Nate the Great to Patricia's introduction post, I think it's time we relive a bit of the past, however, awkward that may be.

As a start, I will profile (target ) the members listed in a recent Poll by desertgrandma. And by all means, feel free to add your own or others' First post/Introduction.

Enjoy!
Code:
I wish tables were supported in messages!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-15-2009 at 12:42 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Some MobileRead.com members have a very prominent/powerful presence here, but most had meek beginnings that soon evolved into a position of magnificence.

Thanks to a hilarious welcoming recently posted by Nate the Great to Patricia's introduction post, I think it's time we relive a bit of the past, however, awkward that may be.

As a start, I will profile (target ) the members listed in a recent Poll by desertgrandma. And by all means, feel free to add your own or others' First post/Introduction.

Enjoy! I wish tables were supported in messages!
Thank Goodness it doesn't! I don't know if I should thank you or curse you for putting this together. I'm thinking.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Thank Goodness it doesn't! I don't know if I should thank you or curse you for putting this together. I'm thinking.
Yikes, I did say, ... however, awkward that may be.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
thank goodness I was for once more or less behaving myself!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yikes, I did say, ... however, awkward that may be.
Well, I'm impressed that you showed up ready to work. You are not a slacker by any means.
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Ye gods and fluffy bunnies, what a boring intro/first post I did!

Mind you, at that point, Ihad no idea I'd be posting all that much...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My Darling Nick,

Some things are best left buried and rotting at the bottom of archives.

Hugs & Kisses,

DixieGal (I'm soooo embarrassed )
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
My Darling Nick,

Some things are best left buried and rotting at the bottom of archives.

Hugs & Kisses,

DixieGal (I'm soooo embarrassed )
Thanks goodness, for me, negative karma was outlawed a while back... DUCK!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
teehee ! our resident statistician strikes again !! (wow, i can't believe what a tyro i was when i made that first post ! but i guess we all were, once !)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

And mine is not anywhere near the lamest! Honey Child, you better be glad, because you would be negative karmaed back to the stone age! (But I'm loving seeing what sort of things people were writing before their lives were overtaken by the llounge!)
Old 04-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
teehee ! our resident statistician strikes again !! (wow, i can't believe what a tyro i was when i made that first post ! but i guess we all were, once !)

Most Naive Quote from 12/7/07:

"Next step will be learning how to convert all my pdf, txt, rtf and doc (and mobi, which i began to download when i was thinking of getting a gen3 straight away...) files into the eb format... i think i already have enough ebooks to last the rest of my life."

Turned out you outlived that particular list, huh?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Most Naive Quote from 12/7/07:

"Next step will be learning how to convert all my pdf, txt, rtf and doc (and mobi, which i began to download when i was thinking of getting a gen3 straight away...) files into the eb format... i think i already have enough ebooks to last the rest of my life."

Turned out you outlived that particular list, huh?
hm... technically, the list is still around. the problem is, it keeps growing. i can't help myself.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
What?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #14
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I still can't keep this forum from bugging me to post. Now, however, it's mostly a small grey dog who's doing it.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #15
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Find my first post. I dare ya....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote